How to watch Texas Southern vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Arkansas-Pine Bluff @ Texas Southern
Current Records: Arkansas-Pine Bluff 3-12; Texas Southern 3-8
What to Know
After 11 games on the road, the Texas Southern Tigers are heading back home. Texas Southern and the Arkansas-Pine Bluff Golden Lions will face off in an SWAC battle at 8:30 p.m. ET this past Saturday at Health & PE Center. Texas Southern won both of their matches against Arkansas-Pine Bluff last season (66-57 and 79-65) and is aiming for the same result this time around.
Texas Southern didn’t have too much breathing room in their game with the Grambling Tigers this past Wednesday, but they still walked away with a 67-61 victory.
Meanwhile, the Golden Lions came out on top in a nail-biter against the Alabama State Hornets this past Wednesday, sneaking past 70-68.
Texas Southern is the favorite in this one, with an expected 16.5-point margin of victory. They hadn’t treated fans well this season, but they at least enjoy an 8-3 record against the spread.
The wins brought Texas Southern up to 3-8 and Arkansas-Pine Bluff to 3-12. Two offensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Texas Southern is stumbling into the contest with the 14th fewest points per game in college basketball, having accrued only 62.1 on average. Arkansas-Pine Bluff has experienced some struggles of their own as they have only been able to knock down 38.80% percent of their shots, which is the third lowest field goal percentage in college basketball. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Health & PE Center — Houston, Texas
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Tigers are a big 16.5-point favorite against the Golden Lions, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 16.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Texas Southern have won nine out of their last 13 games against Arkansas-Pine Bluff.
- Feb 25, 2021 – Texas Southern 79 vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff 65
- Jan 23, 2021 – Texas Southern 66 vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff 57
- Feb 24, 2020 – Arkansas-Pine Bluff 74 vs. Texas Southern 72
- Jan 27, 2020 – Texas Southern 68 vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff 57
- Feb 23, 2019 – Texas Southern 94 vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff 74
- Jan 26, 2019 – Arkansas-Pine Bluff 90 vs. Texas Southern 86
- Mar 10, 2018 – Texas Southern 84 vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff 69
- Feb 19, 2018 – Arkansas-Pine Bluff 62 vs. Texas Southern 61
- Jan 22, 2018 – Arkansas-Pine Bluff 74 vs. Texas Southern 72
- Feb 18, 2017 – Texas Southern 78 vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff 40
- Jan 21, 2017 – Texas Southern 70 vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff 63
- Feb 22, 2016 – Texas Southern 54 vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff 52
- Jan 25, 2016 – Texas Southern 78 vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff 49