Washington @ Colorado
Current Records: Washington 6-6; Colorado 10-3
What to Know
The Colorado Buffaloes have the luxury of staying home another game and will welcome the Washington Huskies at 5 p.m. ET Jan. 9 at CU Events Center. The teams split their matchups last year, with the Buffaloes winning the first 92-69 and Washington taking the second 84-80.
Even if it wasn’t a dominant performance, Colorado beat the Washington State Cougars 83-78 this past Thursday. Forward Evan Battey was the offensive standout of the game for Colorado, picking up 20 points.
Meanwhile, Washington didn’t have too much breathing room in their contest with the Utah Utes this past Thursday, but they still walked away with a 74-68 victory. Washington got double-digit scores from four players: guard Daejon Davis (16), guard Cole Bajema (15), guard Terrell Brown Jr. (15), and guard Jamal Bey (14). This also makes it three games in a row in which Terrell Brown Jr. has had at least three steals.
The Buffaloes are the favorite in this one, with an expected 9.5-point margin of victory. Those who got lucky with them against the spread this past Thursday might want to hold off on placing bets this time since the team has yet to string together back-to-back wins against the spread.
It was close but no cigar for Colorado as they fell 84-80 to the Huskies when the two teams previously met in January of last year. Maybe Colorado will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the matchup and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 5 p.m. ET
- Where: CU Events Center — Boulder, Colorado
- TV: ESPN2
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $20.00
The Buffaloes are a big 9.5-point favorite against the Huskies, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Buffaloes as an 8.5-point favorite.
Washington have won eight out of their last 12 games against Colorado.
- Jan 20, 2021 – Washington 84 vs. Colorado 80
- Dec 20, 2020 – Colorado 92 vs. Washington 69
- Jan 25, 2020 – Colorado 76 vs. Washington 62
- Mar 15, 2019 – Washington 66 vs. Colorado 61
- Feb 23, 2019 – Washington 64 vs. Colorado 55
- Jan 12, 2019 – Washington 77 vs. Colorado 70
- Feb 17, 2018 – Washington 82 vs. Colorado 59
- Jan 20, 2018 – Washington 72 vs. Colorado 62
- Feb 09, 2017 – Colorado 81 vs. Washington 66
- Jan 18, 2017 – Washington 85 vs. Colorado 83
- Feb 13, 2016 – Colorado 81 vs. Washington 80
- Jan 20, 2016 – Washington 95 vs. Colorado 83
Injury Report for Colorado
- Javon Ruffin: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Quincy Allen: Out for the Season (Hip)
Injury Report for Washington
- Riley Sorn: Game-Time Decision (Illness)