Through 1 Quarter
The Las Vegas Raiders were expected to take an ‘L’ in this one, but so far it isn’t playing out to script. they have a bit of a cushion as they currently lead the Los Angeles Chargers 10 to nothing after one quarter
The Raiders have been relying on WR Hunter Renfrow, who has snatched one receiving TD, and QB Derek Carr, who has passed for one TD and 70 yards on ten attempts. Carr has been efficient, with a passer rating of 151.80.
Las Vegas’ lead is the biggest they have had this year going into the second quarter.
Los Angeles @ Las Vegas
Current Records: Los Angeles 9-7; Las Vegas 9-7
What to Know
The Las Vegas Raiders and the Los Angeles Chargers are set to square off in an AFC West matchup at 8:20 p.m. ET Jan. 9 at Allegiant Stadium. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
Last week, Las Vegas narrowly escaped with a victory as the squad sidled past the Indianapolis Colts 23-20. No one had a standout game offensively for the Raiders, but they got scores from QB Derek Carr, RB Josh Jacobs, and WR Hunter Renfrow. Carr ended up with a passer rating of 144.30.
Special teams collected 11 points for Las Vegas. K Daniel Carlson delivered a perfect 3-for-3 game.
Meanwhile, you can’t lose the matchup if you win every quarter, and that was precisely Los Angeles’ strategy against the Denver Broncos last week. Los Angeles put the hurt on Denver with a sharp 34-13 win. The Chargers can attribute much of their success to RB Austin Ekeler, who punched in one rushing touchdown, and QB Justin Herbert, who passed for two TDs and 237 yards on 31 attempts. Herbert ended up with a passer rating of 156.50.
The wins brought the Raiders up to 9-7 and Los Angeles to 9-7. Both teams are in the playoff hunt, so this is a critical game.
Las Vegas is expected to lose this next one by 3. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 5-2 against the spread when expected to lose.
Las Vegas came up short against the Chargers in the teams’ previous meeting last October, falling 28-14. Maybe the Raiders will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the contest and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 8:20 p.m. ET
- Where: Allegiant Stadium — Paradise, Nevada
- TV: NBC
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $229.99
The Chargers are a 3-point favorite against the Raiders, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Chargers as a 2.5-point favorite.
Las Vegas have won seven out of their last 13 games against Los Angeles.
- Oct 04, 2021 – Los Angeles 28 vs. Las Vegas 14
- Dec 17, 2020 – Los Angeles 30 vs. Las Vegas 27
- Nov 08, 2020 – Las Vegas 31 vs. Los Angeles 26
- Dec 22, 2019 – Las Vegas 24 vs. Los Angeles 17
- Nov 07, 2019 – Las Vegas 26 vs. Los Angeles 24
- Nov 11, 2018 – Los Angeles 20 vs. Las Vegas 6
- Oct 07, 2018 – Los Angeles 26 vs. Las Vegas 10
- Dec 31, 2017 – Los Angeles 30 vs. Las Vegas 10
- Oct 15, 2017 – Los Angeles 17 vs. Las Vegas 16
- Dec 18, 2016 – Las Vegas 19 vs. Los Angeles 16
- Oct 09, 2016 – Las Vegas 34 vs. Los Angeles 31
- Dec 24, 2015 – Las Vegas 23 vs. Los Angeles 20
- Oct 25, 2015 – Las Vegas 37 vs. Los Angeles 29