Through 3 Quarters
Down one at the end of last quarter, the Dallas Mavericks have now snagged the lead. It’s anybody’s game after three quarters, but Dallas is ahead of the Chicago Bulls 83-81.
The top scorer for Chicago has been shooting guard Zach LaVine (18 points).
Chicago @ Dallas
Current Records: Chicago 26-10; Dallas 21-18
What to Know
The Dallas Mavericks have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Chicago Bulls and are hoping to record their first victory since Jan. 6 of 2020. They will face off against one another at 7:30 p.m. ET Sunday at American Airlines Center. Expect the scorekeeper to be kept busy: if their previous games are any indication, Dallas and Chicago will really light up the scoreboard.
The Mavericks made easy work of the Houston Rockets this past Friday and carried off a 130-106 win. The game was pretty much decided by the half, when the score had already reached 80-60. Dallas got their victory on the backs of several key players, and it was shooting guard Josh Green out in front picking up 17 points in addition to five rebounds. Green’s performance made up for a slower matchup against the Golden State Warriors this past Wednesday. Green’s points were the most he has had all season.
Meanwhile, Chicago was able to grind out a solid victory over the Washington Wizards this past Friday, winning 130-122. Chicago’s success was the result of a balanced attack that saw several players step up, but center Nikola Vucevic led the charge as he dropped a double-double on 16 points and 14 boards along with seven assists. That makes it seven consecutive games in which Vucevic has had at least 12 rebounds.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Mavericks are expected to win a tight contest. They are currently three-for-three against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Their wins bumped Dallas to 21-18 and the Bulls to 26-10. We’ll see which team can carry over their success and which team inevitably falls when Dallas and Chicago clash.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: American Airlines Center — Dallas, Texas
- TV: Bally Sports Southwest Plus
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $44.55
The Mavericks are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Bulls, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Bulls as a 2.5-point favorite.
Dallas have won seven out of their last 13 games against Chicago.
- Nov 10, 2021 – Chicago 117 vs. Dallas 107
- Jan 17, 2021 – Chicago 117 vs. Dallas 101
- Jan 03, 2021 – Chicago 118 vs. Dallas 108
- Mar 02, 2020 – Chicago 109 vs. Dallas 107
- Jan 06, 2020 – Dallas 118 vs. Chicago 110
- Nov 12, 2018 – Dallas 103 vs. Chicago 98
- Oct 22, 2018 – Dallas 115 vs. Chicago 109
- Mar 02, 2018 – Chicago 108 vs. Dallas 100
- Jan 05, 2018 – Chicago 127 vs. Dallas 124
- Jan 17, 2017 – Dallas 99 vs. Chicago 98
- Dec 03, 2016 – Dallas 107 vs. Chicago 82
- Jan 15, 2016 – Dallas 83 vs. Chicago 77
- Dec 26, 2015 – Dallas 118 vs. Chicago 111
Injury Report for Dallas
- Kristaps Porzingis: Out (Covid-19)
- Willie Cauley-Stein: Out (Personal)
Injury Report for Chicago
- Jordan Bell: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Alex Caruso: Out (Foot)
- Tyler Cook: Out (Ankle)
- Javonte Green: Out (Groin)
- Patrick Williams: Out (Wrist)