How to watch Rockets vs. 76ers basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Philadelphia @ Houston
Current Records: Philadelphia 22-16; Houston 11-30
What to Know
The Houston Rockets have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Philadelphia 76ers and are hoping to record their first win since Jan. 3 of 2020. Houston is getting right back to it as they host Philadelphia at 8 p.m. ET Jan. 10 at Toyota Center. Allowing an average of 116.51 points per game, the Rockets have been asleep on the defensive side of the ball and will need to wake up before the matchup.
On Sunday, Houston lost to the Minnesota Timberwolves at home by a decisive 141-123 margin. Houston was down 111-88 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. A silver lining for them was the play of power forward Christian Wood, who had 22 points along with eight boards.
Meanwhile, Philadelphia didn’t have too much trouble with the San Antonio Spurs at home this past Friday as they won 119-100. The 76ers’ success was spearheaded by the efforts of power forward Tobias Harris, who had 23 points and five assists in addition to seven rebounds, and center Joel Embiid, who posted a double-double on 31 points and 12 boards along with seven dimes. Embiid’s night made it six games in a row in which he has scored at least 31 points.
The Rockets have to know they’ll be fighting an uphill battle given the 10.50 point spread they are up against. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
Houston suffered a grim 133-113 defeat to Philadelphia in the teams’ previous meeting earlier this month. Maybe Houston will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the contest and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Toyota Center — Houston, Texas
- TV: ATTSN Southwest
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $25.60
The 76ers are a big 10.5-point favorite against the Rockets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the 76ers, as the game opened with the 76ers as a 9-point favorite.
Houston have won seven out of their last 13 games against Philadelphia.
- Jan 03, 2022 – Philadelphia 133 vs. Houston 113
- May 05, 2021 – Philadelphia 135 vs. Houston 115
- Feb 17, 2021 – Philadelphia 118 vs. Houston 113
- Aug 14, 2020 – Philadelphia 134 vs. Houston 96
- Jan 03, 2020 – Houston 118 vs. Philadelphia 108
- Mar 08, 2019 – Houston 107 vs. Philadelphia 91
- Jan 21, 2019 – Philadelphia 121 vs. Houston 93
- Oct 30, 2017 – Philadelphia 115 vs. Houston 107
- Oct 25, 2017 – Houston 105 vs. Philadelphia 104
- Jan 27, 2017 – Houston 123 vs. Philadelphia 118
- Nov 14, 2016 – Houston 115 vs. Philadelphia 88
- Mar 09, 2016 – Houston 118 vs. Philadelphia 104
- Nov 27, 2015 – Houston 116 vs. Philadelphia 114