Southern California @ Stanford
Current Records: Southern California 13-0; Stanford 8-4
What to Know
The Stanford Cardinal lost both of their matches to the #5 Southern California Trojans last season on scores of 66-72 and 42-79, so they’re hoping to turn the tables this season. The Cardinal and USC will face off in a Pac-12 battle at 5 p.m. ET Tuesday at Maples Pavilion. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
Stanford ultimately received the gift of a 79-76 victory from a begrudging Liberty squad three weeks ago. Their forward Spencer Jones looked sharp as he shot 5-for-8 from beyond the arc and finished with 25 points and six boards.
Meanwhile, while not quite a landslide, the matchup between the Trojans and the California Golden Bears last Thursday was still a pretty decisive one as USC wrapped it up with a 77-63 win on the road. Four players on USC scored in the double digits: forward Isaiah Mobley (19), guard Drew Peterson (17), guard Boogie Ellis (14), and forward Chevez Goodwin (12).
Stanford is expected to lose this next one by 6.5. They are currently three-for-three against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
The Cardinal are now 8-4 while USC sits at 13-0. A couple stats to keep an eye on: Stanford is 20th worst in college basketball in turnovers per game, with 15.4 on average. USC has experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the contest with the 55th fewest takeaways in college basketball, having accrued only 9.8 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 5 p.m. ET
- Where: Maples Pavilion — Stanford, California
- TV: ESPN2
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Trojans are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Cardinal, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Trojans, as the game opened with the Trojans as a 4.5-point favorite.
Southern California have won six out of their last nine games against Stanford.
- Mar 03, 2021 – Southern California 79 vs. Stanford 42
- Feb 02, 2021 – Southern California 72 vs. Stanford 66
- Jan 18, 2020 – Southern California 82 vs. Stanford 78
- Feb 13, 2019 – Stanford 79 vs. Southern California 76
- Jan 06, 2019 – Southern California 77 vs. Stanford 66
- Jan 24, 2018 – Southern California 69 vs. Stanford 64
- Jan 07, 2018 – Stanford 77 vs. Southern California 76
- Jan 05, 2017 – Southern California 72 vs. Stanford 56
- Feb 25, 2016 – Stanford 84 vs. Southern California 64