How to watch Trail Blazers vs. Nets basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Brooklyn @ Portland
Current Records: Brooklyn 25-13; Portland 15-24
What to Know
The Brooklyn Nets are 3-9 against the Portland Trail Blazers since January of 2016, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit Monday. They will face off at 10 p.m. ET Jan. 10 at Moda Center at the Rose Quarter without much rest after finishing up games yesterday. The Nets won’t have the home-court advantage, but they do enjoy an 11-point advantage in the spread.
It may have taken overtime to finish the job, but Brooklyn ultimately got the result they were hoping for on Sunday with a 121-119 win over the San Antonio Spurs. The overall outcome was to be expected, but San Antonio made it more of a matchup than the oddsmakers had predicted. Brooklyn relied on the efforts of power forward Kevin Durant, who had 28 points and six assists along with three blocks, and point guard James Harden, who posted a double-double on 26 points and 12 dimes in addition to seven boards.
Meanwhile, Portland didn’t have too much trouble with the Sacramento Kings at home on Sunday as they won 103-88. Rip City can attribute much of their success to shooting guard Anfernee Simons, who shot 7-for-11 from beyond the arc and finished with 31 points and six assists.
This next contest looks promising for Brooklyn, who are favored by a full 11 points. Those sticking with them against the spread have guts, to put it politely, as the team has let down bettors in their past six games.
The Nets are now 25-13 while Rip City sits at 15-24. Two defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Brooklyn have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 43.20%, which places them second in the league. On the other end of the spectrum, Rip City has allowed their opponents to shoot 47.70% from the floor on average, which is the highest shooting percentage allowed in the league. So the cards are definitely stacked against Rip City.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Moda Center at the Rose Quarter — Portland, Oregon
- TV: ROOT Sports Northwest
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Nets are a big 11-point favorite against the Trail Blazers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as an 11-point spread, and stayed right there.
Portland have won nine out of their last 12 games against Brooklyn.
- Apr 30, 2021 – Portland 128 vs. Brooklyn 109
- Mar 23, 2021 – Brooklyn 116 vs. Portland 112
- Aug 13, 2020 – Portland 134 vs. Brooklyn 133
- Nov 08, 2019 – Brooklyn 119 vs. Portland 115
- Mar 25, 2019 – Portland 148 vs. Brooklyn 144
- Feb 21, 2019 – Portland 113 vs. Brooklyn 99
- Nov 24, 2017 – Portland 127 vs. Brooklyn 125
- Nov 10, 2017 – Brooklyn 101 vs. Portland 97
- Mar 04, 2017 – Portland 130 vs. Brooklyn 116
- Nov 20, 2016 – Portland 129 vs. Brooklyn 109
- Feb 23, 2016 – Portland 112 vs. Brooklyn 104
- Jan 15, 2016 – Portland 116 vs. Brooklyn 104