How to watch West Virginia vs. Oklahoma State basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Oklahoma State @ West Virginia
Current Records: Oklahoma State 8-5; West Virginia 12-2
What to Know
The West Virginia Mountaineers lost both of their matches to the Oklahoma State Cowboys last season on scores of 80-85 and 69-72, so they’re hoping to turn the tables this season. West Virginia and Oklahoma State will face off in a Big 12 battle at 9 p.m. ET Tuesday at WVU Coliseum. The Mountaineers are out to keep their nine-game home win streak alive.
The Kansas State Wildcats typically have all the answers at home, but this past Saturday West Virginia proved too difficult a challenge. West Virginia skirted past K-State 71-68. Among those leading the charge for West Virginia was guard Sean McNeil, who had 26 points in addition to five boards. McNeil’s performance made up for a slower contest against the Texas Longhorns two weeks ago. McNeil’s points were the most he has had all season.
Meanwhile, the Cowboys strolled past Texas with points to spare this past Saturday, taking the game 64-51. Oklahoma State’s guard Keylan Boone was one of the most active players for the team, shooting 5-for-7 from beyond the arc and finishing with 17 points and six rebounds.
West Virginia is the favorite in this one, with an expected 4-point margin of victory. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
The wins brought West Virginia up to 12-2 and Oklahoma State to 8-5. A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Mountaineers rank 19th in college basketball when it comes to blocked shots per game, with 5.5 on average. But the Cowboys are even better: they enter the matchup with six blocked shots per game on average, good for 10th best in college basketball. Points in the paint might be hard to come by.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: WVU Coliseum — Morgantown, West Virginia
- TV: ESPN University
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $12.00
The Mountaineers are a 4-point favorite against the Cowboys, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 4-point spread, and stayed right there.
West Virginia have won seven out of their last 13 games against Oklahoma State.
- Mar 11, 2021 – Oklahoma State 72 vs. West Virginia 69
- Mar 06, 2021 – Oklahoma State 85 vs. West Virginia 80
- Jan 04, 2021 – West Virginia 87 vs. Oklahoma State 84
- Feb 18, 2020 – West Virginia 65 vs. Oklahoma State 47
- Jan 06, 2020 – West Virginia 55 vs. Oklahoma State 41
- Mar 09, 2019 – Oklahoma State 85 vs. West Virginia 77
- Jan 12, 2019 – Oklahoma State 85 vs. West Virginia 77
- Feb 10, 2018 – Oklahoma State 88 vs. West Virginia 85
- Dec 29, 2017 – West Virginia 85 vs. Oklahoma State 79
- Feb 04, 2017 – Oklahoma State 82 vs. West Virginia 75
- Dec 30, 2016 – West Virginia 92 vs. Oklahoma State 75
- Feb 27, 2016 – West Virginia 70 vs. Oklahoma State 56
- Jan 09, 2016 – West Virginia 77 vs. Oklahoma State 60