How to watch Texas vs. Oklahoma basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Oklahoma @ Texas
Current Records: Oklahoma 12-3; Texas 12-3
What to Know
After two games on the road, the #21 Texas Longhorns are heading back home. Texas and the Oklahoma Sooners will face off in a Big 12 battle at 8:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday at Frank Erwin Special Events Center. The teams split their matchups last year, with Oklahoma winning the first 80-79 on the road and the Longhorns taking the second 69-65.
Texas ended up a good deal behind the Oklahoma State Cowboys when they played this past Saturday, losing 64-51.
Meanwhile, Oklahoma didn’t have too much trouble with the Iowa State Cyclones at home this past Saturday as they won 79-66. Oklahoma can attribute much of their success to guard Umoja Gibson, who had 20 points.
Texas is the favorite in this one, with an expected 6.5-point margin of victory. They have been good against the spread at home while the Sooners have been good against the spread on the road, so something will have to give.
The Longhorns and Oklahoma now sit at an identical 12-3. A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Texas have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 39.10%, which places them 27th in college basketball. But Oklahoma ranks third in college basketball when it comes to field goal percentage, with 51.20% on the season. These opposing strengths should make for an exciting matchup.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Frank Erwin Special Events Center — Austin, Texas
- TV: Longhorn Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $9.00
The Longhorns are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Sooners, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 6.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Texas have won seven out of their last 12 games against Oklahoma.
- Mar 04, 2021 – Texas 69 vs. Oklahoma 65
- Jan 26, 2021 – Oklahoma 80 vs. Texas 79
- Mar 03, 2020 – Texas 52 vs. Oklahoma 51
- Jan 08, 2020 – Oklahoma 72 vs. Texas 62
- Feb 23, 2019 – Oklahoma 69 vs. Texas 67
- Jan 19, 2019 – Texas 75 vs. Oklahoma 72
- Feb 17, 2018 – Texas 77 vs. Oklahoma 66
- Feb 03, 2018 – Texas 79 vs. Oklahoma 74
- Feb 14, 2017 – Oklahoma 70 vs. Texas 66
- Jan 23, 2017 – Texas 84 vs. Oklahoma 83
- Feb 27, 2016 – Texas 76 vs. Oklahoma 63
- Feb 08, 2016 – Oklahoma 63 vs. Texas 60
Injury Report for Texas
- Jaylon Tyson: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Oklahoma
- Rick Issanza: Out (Illness)
- Alston Mason: Out (Undisclosed)
- Akol Mawein: Out (Undisclosed)