Through 1 Quarter
Fans are certainly getting their money’s worth as the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Washington Wizards have combined for 61 points one quarter in. Either team is in a position to win, but Oklahoma City leads 31-30.
Shooting guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (12 points) has been the top scorer for the Thunder. Power forward Kyle Kuzma has done his best for Washington, currently boasting 12 points (40% of their total). A double-double would be Kuzma’s third in a row.
This is the first time Oklahoma City has been ahead going into the second quarter in the past five games.
Oklahoma City @ Washington
Current Records: Oklahoma City 13-26; Washington 20-20
What to Know
After two games on the road, the Washington Wizards are heading back home. They will take on the Oklahoma City Thunder at 7 p.m. ET Tuesday at Capital One Arena. The Wizards should still be riding high after a victory, while Oklahoma City will be looking to get back in the win column.
Things were close when Washington and the Orlando Magic clashed on Sunday, but Washington ultimately edged out the opposition 102-100. Washington’s power forward Kyle Kuzma looked sharp as he posted a double-double on 27 points and 22 boards.
Speaking of close games: OKC was close but no cigar on Sunday as they fell 99-95 to the Denver Nuggets. Shooting guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander wasn’t much of a difference maker for Oklahoma City; Gilgeous-Alexander finished with only eight points on 2-for-14 shooting in his 31 minutes on the court.
The Wizards are the favorite in this one, with an expected 6.5-point margin of victory. Now might not be the best time to take Washington against the spread since they’ve let down bettors for the past three consecutive games.
Washington came out on top in a nail-biter against Oklahoma City in the teams’ previous meeting last November, sneaking past 101-99. Will Washington repeat their success, or does Oklahoma City have a better game plan this time around? We’ll find out soon enough.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Capital One Arena — Washington, District of Columbia
- TV: Bally Sports Oklahoma
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $15.52
The Wizards are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Wizards as a 9.5-point favorite.
Washington have won seven out of their last 13 games against Oklahoma City.
- Nov 26, 2021 – Washington 101 vs. Oklahoma City 99
- Apr 23, 2021 – Washington 129 vs. Oklahoma City 109
- Apr 19, 2021 – Washington 119 vs. Oklahoma City 107
- Aug 09, 2020 – Oklahoma City 121 vs. Washington 103
- Oct 25, 2019 – Washington 97 vs. Oklahoma City 85
- Jan 06, 2019 – Washington 116 vs. Oklahoma City 98
- Nov 02, 2018 – Oklahoma City 134 vs. Washington 111
- Jan 30, 2018 – Washington 102 vs. Oklahoma City 96
- Jan 25, 2018 – Oklahoma City 121 vs. Washington 112
- Feb 13, 2017 – Washington 120 vs. Oklahoma City 98
- Nov 30, 2016 – Oklahoma City 126 vs. Washington 115
- Feb 01, 2016 – Oklahoma City 114 vs. Washington 98
- Nov 10, 2015 – Oklahoma City 125 vs. Washington 101
Injury Report for Washington
- Thomas Bryant: Out (Knee)
- Bradley Beal: Out (Covid-19)
Injury Report for Oklahoma City
- Vit Krejci: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Isaiah Roby: Out (Covid-19)
- Kenrich Williams: Out (Covid-19)