How to watch Northwestern vs. Maryland basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Maryland @ Northwestern
Current Records: Maryland 8-7; Northwestern 8-5
What to Know
The Northwestern Wildcats and the Maryland Terrapins are set to square off in a Big Ten matchup at 9 p.m. ET Jan. 12 at Welsh-Ryan Arena. Northwestern is out to stop a five-game streak of losses at home.
The Wildcats came up short against the Ohio State Buckeyes on Sunday, falling 95-87. Northwestern’s defeat came about despite a quality game from guard Ty Berry, who had 23 points along with six rebounds. Berry had some trouble finding his footing against the Penn State Nittany Lions last Wednesday, so this was a step in the right direction. Berry’s points were the most he has had all year.
Meanwhile, Maryland was just a bucket shy of a win on Sunday and fell 70-69 to the Wisconsin Badgers. Maryland got double-digit scores from five players: guard Eric Ayala (19), guard Fatts Russell (13), guard Hakim Hart (11), forward Donta Scott (10), and guard Xavier Green (10).
Northwestern is the favorite in this one, with an expected 4-point margin of victory. Those sticking with them against the spread have guts, to put it politely, as the squad has let down bettors in their past three games.
Northwestern is now 8-5 while the Terrapins sit at 8-7. Two stats to keep an eye on: The Wildcats enter the contest with only 8.9 turnovers per game on average, good for fifth best in college basketball. Less enviably, Maryland is stumbling into the game with the 17th fewest takeaways in college basketball, having accrued only 10.7 on average. So the cards are definitely stacked against Maryland.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Welsh-Ryan Arena — Evanston, Illinois
- TV: Big Ten Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $39.46
The Wildcats are a 4-point favorite against the Terrapins, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Wildcats as a 3.5-point favorite.
Maryland have won eight out of their last 11 games against Northwestern.
- Dec 05, 2021 – Northwestern 67 vs. Maryland 61
- Mar 03, 2021 – Northwestern 60 vs. Maryland 55
- Feb 18, 2020 – Maryland 76 vs. Northwestern 67
- Jan 21, 2020 – Maryland 77 vs. Northwestern 66
- Jan 29, 2019 – Maryland 70 vs. Northwestern 52
- Feb 19, 2018 – Maryland 71 vs. Northwestern 64
- Feb 10, 2018 – Maryland 73 vs. Northwestern 57
- Mar 10, 2017 – Northwestern 72 vs. Maryland 64
- Feb 15, 2017 – Maryland 74 vs. Northwestern 64
- Jan 19, 2016 – Maryland 62 vs. Northwestern 56
- Jan 02, 2016 – Maryland 72 vs. Northwestern 59