Missouri @ Arkansas
Current Records: Missouri 7-7; Arkansas 10-5
What to Know
The Arkansas Razorbacks won both of their matches against the Missouri Tigers last season (86-81 and 70-64) and are aiming for the same result on Wednesday. The Razorbacks and Mizzou will face off in an SEC battle at 9 p.m. ET at Bud Walton Arena. Mizzou should still be riding high after a victory, while Arkansas will be looking to right the ship.
Arkansas was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Saturday as they fell 86-81 to the Texas A&M Aggies. One thing holding Arkansas back was the mediocre play of guard Au’Diese Toney, who did not have his best game: he played for 29 minutes but put up just nine points on 4-for-11 shooting.
Meanwhile, the Tigers didn’t have too much breathing room in their contest with the Alabama Crimson Tide on Saturday, but they still walked away with a 92-86 win. Forward Kobe Brown was the offensive standout of the game for Mizzou, dropping a double-double on 30 points and 13 rebounds.
The Razorbacks are the favorite in this one, with an expected 14-point margin of victory. There could be an interesting gambling play in this one, as they have done quite well against the spread at home this season while Mizzou have struggled against the spread on the road.
Arkansas is now 10-5 while Mizzou sits at 7-7. Two offensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Arkansas ranks 29th in college basketball when it comes to points per game, with 80.1 on average. Less enviably, the Tigers have only been able to knock down 41.10% percent of their shots, which is the 36th lowest field goal percentage in college basketball. So the cards are definitely stacked against Mizzou.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Bud Walton Arena — Fayetteville, Arkansas
- TV: SEC Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $15.00
The Razorbacks are a big 14-point favorite against the Tigers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Razorbacks as a 13.5-point favorite.
Arkansas have won eight out of their last 13 games against Missouri.
- Mar 12, 2021 – Arkansas 70 vs. Missouri 64
- Feb 13, 2021 – Arkansas 86 vs. Missouri 81
- Jan 02, 2021 – Missouri 81 vs. Arkansas 68
- Feb 22, 2020 – Arkansas 78 vs. Missouri 68
- Feb 08, 2020 – Missouri 83 vs. Arkansas 79
- Feb 12, 2019 – Missouri 79 vs. Arkansas 78
- Jan 23, 2019 – Arkansas 72 vs. Missouri 60
- Mar 03, 2018 – Missouri 77 vs. Arkansas 67
- Jan 13, 2018 – Arkansas 65 vs. Missouri 63
- Feb 04, 2017 – Missouri 83 vs. Arkansas 78
- Jan 14, 2017 – Arkansas 92 vs. Missouri 73
- Feb 20, 2016 – Arkansas 84 vs. Missouri 72
- Jan 12, 2016 – Arkansas 94 vs. Missouri 61
Injury Report for Arkansas
- Chris Lykes: Game-Time Decision (Groin)
- Chance Moore: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
Injury Report for Missouri
- Amari Davis: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Anton Brookshire: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)