How to watch Drake vs. Illinois State basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Illinois State @ Drake
Current Records: Illinois State 8-7; Drake 11-5
What to Know
The Drake Bulldogs will be returning home after a two-game road trip. Drake and the Illinois State Redbirds will face off in a Missouri Valley battle at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday at Knapp Center. The Bulldogs are out to keep their nine-game home win streak alive.
Drake escaped with a win on Saturday against the Evansville Aces by the margin of a single free throw, 60-59. Guard Tucker DeVries (15 points) was the top scorer for Drake.
Meanwhile, Illinois State was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap last week as they fell 81-76 to the Valparaiso Beacons. A silver lining for Illinois State was the play of forward Sy Chatman, who had 23 points along with six boards.
The Bulldogs are the favorite in this one, with an expected 13-point margin of victory. But bettors beware: they are only 3-7 against the spread when favored.
Everything came up roses for Drake at home against the Redbirds when the two teams previously met in February of last year as the team secured a 95-60 victory. Will Drake repeat their success, or does Illinois State have a better game plan this time around? We’ll find out soon enough.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Knapp Center — Des Moines, Iowa
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Bulldogs are a big 13-point favorite against the Redbirds, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Bulldogs, as the game opened with the Bulldogs as an 11.5-point favorite.
Illinois State have won eight out of their last 14 games against Drake.
- Feb 01, 2021 – Drake 95 vs. Illinois State 60
- Jan 31, 2021 – Drake 78 vs. Illinois State 76
- Mar 05, 2020 – Drake 75 vs. Illinois State 65
- Feb 22, 2020 – Illinois State 57 vs. Drake 53
- Jan 16, 2020 – Drake 84 vs. Illinois State 74
- Mar 08, 2019 – Drake 78 vs. Illinois State 62
- Feb 24, 2019 – Illinois State 67 vs. Drake 60
- Jan 30, 2019 – Illinois State 69 vs. Drake 55
- Feb 21, 2018 – Illinois State 89 vs. Drake 81
- Jan 03, 2018 – Drake 87 vs. Illinois State 62
- Feb 07, 2017 – Illinois State 82 vs. Drake 53
- Jan 21, 2017 – Illinois State 72 vs. Drake 58
- Jan 26, 2016 – Illinois State 76 vs. Drake 64
- Jan 03, 2016 – Illinois State 67 vs. Drake 62
Injury Report for Drake
- Roman Penn: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for Illinois State
- Mark Freeman: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)