How to watch Missouri State vs. Southern Illinois basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Southern Illinois @ Missouri State
Current Records: Southern Illinois 9-5; Missouri State 11-6
What to Know
The Southern Illinois Salukis lost both of their matches to the Missouri State Bears last season on scores of 53-65 and 53-68, so they’re hoping to turn the tables this season. SIU and MSU will face off in a Missouri Valley battle at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday at JQH Arena. The Salukis should still be riding high after a win, while the Bears will be looking to right the ship.
SIU came out on top in a nail-biter against the Valparaiso Beacons on Saturday, sneaking past 63-60. It was another big night for SIU’s forward Marcus Domask, who had 23 points and six assists along with seven rebounds.
Speaking of close games: MSU was just a bucket shy of a victory on Saturday and fell 85-84 to the Northern Iowa Panthers. Guard Isiaih Mosley did his best for MSU, finishing with 43 points (a whopping 51% of their total) in addition to nine boards.
The Salukis are expected to lose this next one by 7. The smart bettors have been the ones to keep their money on Southern Illinois’ opponents whenever they hit the road.
SIU is now 9-5 while MSU sits at 11-6. A couple offensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: SIU is stumbling into the matchup with the 34th fewest points per game in college basketball, having accrued only 64.9 on average. The Bears’ offense has more to brag about, as they they rank 23rd in college basketball when it comes to field goal percentage, with 48.50% on the season. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: JQH Arena — Springfield, Missouri
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $49.00
The Bears are a solid 7-point favorite against the Salukis, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Bears as an 8-point favorite.
Southern Illinois have won nine out of their last 13 games against Missouri State.
- Feb 17, 2021 – Missouri State 68 vs. Southern Illinois 53
- Feb 10, 2021 – Missouri State 65 vs. Southern Illinois 53
- Feb 29, 2020 – Missouri State 84 vs. Southern Illinois 59
- Feb 08, 2020 – Southern Illinois 68 vs. Missouri State 66
- Feb 06, 2019 – Missouri State 65 vs. Southern Illinois 59
- Jan 02, 2019 – Southern Illinois 75 vs. Missouri State 70
- Mar 02, 2018 – Southern Illinois 67 vs. Missouri State 63
- Feb 14, 2018 – Southern Illinois 81 vs. Missouri State 80
- Jan 27, 2018 – Southern Illinois 79 vs. Missouri State 77
- Jan 28, 2017 – Southern Illinois 85 vs. Missouri State 84
- Jan 07, 2017 – Southern Illinois 75 vs. Missouri State 67
- Feb 27, 2016 – Southern Illinois 78 vs. Missouri State 68
- Jan 24, 2016 – Southern Illinois 80 vs. Missouri State 65
Injury Report for Missouri State
- Demarcus Sharp: Game-Time Decision (Lower Leg)
Injury Report for Southern Illinois
No Injury Information