California @ Washington
Current Records: California 9-7; Washington 6-7
What to Know
The Washington Huskies and the California Golden Bears are even-steven against one another since February of 2016 (5-5), but not for long. Washington and the Golden Bears will face off in a Pac-12 battle at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday at Alaska Airlines Arena. The teams split their matchups last year, with California winning the first 84-78 at home and Washington taking the second 62-51.
Washington ended up a good deal behind the Colorado Buffaloes when they played on Sunday, losing 78-64. One thing holding Washington back was the mediocre play of guard Daejon Davis, who did not have his best game: he finished with only seven points on 3-for-10 shooting in his 35 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, California came up short against the UCLA Bruins on Saturday, falling 60-52. Despite the loss, the Golden Bears got a solid performance out of forward Andre Kelly, who had 22 points along with six rebounds.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Huskies are expected to win a tight contest. But bettors beware: they are only 1-6 against the spread when favored.
The losses put Washington at 6-7 and California at 9-7. A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Washington enters the game with 17.9 takeaways on average, good for 15th best in college basketball. On the other end of the spectrum, the Golden Bears are stumbling into the matchup with the third fewest takeaways in college basketball, having accrued only 10.1 on average.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Alaska Airlines Arena — Seattle, Washington
- TV: Pac-12 Networks
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $18.37
The Huskies are a slight 2-point favorite against the Golden Bears, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Golden Bears as a 1.5-point favorite.
Washington and California both have five wins in their last ten games.
- Feb 20, 2021 – Washington 62 vs. California 51
- Jan 09, 2021 – California 84 vs. Washington 78
- Feb 22, 2020 – Washington 87 vs. California 52
- Jan 11, 2020 – California 61 vs. Washington 58
- Feb 28, 2019 – California 76 vs. Washington 73
- Jan 19, 2019 – Washington 71 vs. California 52
- Feb 24, 2018 – Washington 68 vs. California 51
- Jan 11, 2018 – Washington 66 vs. California 56
- Jan 12, 2017 – California 69 vs. Washington 59
- Feb 18, 2016 – California 78 vs. Washington 75
Injury Report for Washington
- Riley Sorn: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
- Samuel Ariyibi: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
Injury Report for California
- D.J. Thorpe: Out for the Season (Undisclosed)
- Monty Bowser: Out for the Season (Ankle)