Tulane @ Wichita State
Current Records: Tulane 6-7; Wichita State 9-5
What to Know
The Tulane Green Wave are 0-6 against the Wichita State Shockers since February of 2018, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit on Wednesday. Tulane and Wichita State will face off in an American Athletic battle at 8 p.m. ET at Charles Koch Arena. The Green Wave should still be riding high after a victory, while Wichita State will be looking to get back in the win column.
Tulane didn’t have too much trouble with the South Florida Bulls at home on Saturday as they won 68-54. Tulane can attribute much of their success to guard R.J. McGee, who had 17 points along with eight rebounds, and guard Jalen Cook, who had 17 points.
Meanwhile, the Shockers came up short against the Houston Cougars on Saturday, falling 76-66. Guard Tyson Etienne wasn’t much of a difference maker for Wichita State; Etienne finished with 11 points on 4-for-12 shooting in his 34 minutes on the court. This also makes it three games in a row in which Etienne has had at least three steals.
The Green Wave are expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Southern Jaguars Nov. 13 easily too and instead slipped up with a 73-70. In other words, don’t count Wichita State out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Charles Koch Arena — Wichita, Kansas
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $22.00
The Shockers are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Green Wave, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as an 8.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Wichita State have won all of the games they’ve played against Tulane in the last eight years.
- Mar 03, 2021 – Wichita State 78 vs. Tulane 70
- Feb 03, 2021 – Wichita State 75 vs. Tulane 67
- Feb 16, 2020 – Wichita State 82 vs. Tulane 57
- Mar 09, 2019 – Wichita State 82 vs. Tulane 79
- Feb 09, 2019 – Wichita State 77 vs. Tulane 62
- Feb 21, 2018 – Wichita State 93 vs. Tulane 86
Injury Report for Wichita State
- Morris Udeze: Out (Illness)
- Dexter Dennis: Out (Illness)
- Isaac Abidde: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
- Jalen Ricks: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Tulane
No Injury Information