How to watch Gonzaga vs. Brigham Young basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Brigham Young @ Gonzaga
Current Records: Brigham Young 14-3; Gonzaga 12-2
What to Know
The #2 Gonzaga Bulldogs are 12-3 against the Brigham Young Cougars since January of 2016, and they’ll have a chance to extend that success on Thursday. Gonzaga’s homestand continues as they prepare to take on BYU at 11 p.m. ET Jan. 13 at McCarthey Athletic Center. The Bulldogs are out to keep their nine-game home win streak alive.
Gonzaga simply couldn’t be stopped on Saturday, as they easily beat the Pepperdine Waves at home 117-83. Gonzaga’s success was the result of a balanced attack that saw several players step up, but forward Anton Watson led the charge as he had 19 points in addition to six rebounds.
Meanwhile, BYU netted a 52-43 victory over the Saint Mary’s Gaels on Saturday.
Gonzaga is the favorite in this one, with an expected 14.5-point margin of victory. Those taking them against the spread are banking on an outcome similar to that of the team’s matchup on Saturday, where they covered a 30-point spread.
The Bulldogs are now 12-2 while the Cougars sit at 14-3. A pair of stats to keep an eye on: Gonzaga enters the game with a 52.30% field goal percentage, which is the best in college basketball. But BYU have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 38.30%, which places them 19th in college basketball. These opposing strengths should make for an exciting matchup.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 11 p.m. ET
- Where: McCarthey Athletic Center — Spokane, Washington
- TV: ESPN2
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Bulldogs are a big 14.5-point favorite against the Cougars, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 14.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Gonzaga have won 12 out of their last 15 games against Brigham Young.
- Mar 09, 2021 – Gonzaga 88 vs. Brigham Young 78
- Feb 08, 2021 – Gonzaga 82 vs. Brigham Young 71
- Jan 07, 2021 – Gonzaga 86 vs. Brigham Young 69
- Feb 22, 2020 – Brigham Young 91 vs. Gonzaga 78
- Jan 18, 2020 – Gonzaga 92 vs. Brigham Young 69
- Feb 23, 2019 – Gonzaga 102 vs. Brigham Young 68
- Jan 31, 2019 – Gonzaga 93 vs. Brigham Young 63
- Mar 06, 2018 – Gonzaga 74 vs. Brigham Young 54
- Feb 24, 2018 – Gonzaga 79 vs. Brigham Young 65
- Feb 03, 2018 – Gonzaga 68 vs. Brigham Young 60
- Feb 25, 2017 – Brigham Young 79 vs. Gonzaga 71
- Feb 02, 2017 – Gonzaga 85 vs. Brigham Young 75
- Mar 07, 2016 – Gonzaga 88 vs. Brigham Young 84
- Feb 27, 2016 – Gonzaga 71 vs. Brigham Young 68
- Jan 14, 2016 – Brigham Young 69 vs. Gonzaga 68
Injury Report for Gonzaga
- Kaden Perry: Game-Time Decision (Back)
- Dominick Harris: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for Brigham Young
- Richard Harward: Out for the Season (Illness)
- Gavin Baxter: Out for the Season (Knee)