Rice @ Western Kentucky
Current Records: Rice 9-5; Western Kentucky 9-6
What to Know
The Rice Owls are 1-6 against the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers since January of 2016, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit on Thursday. The Owls and WKU will face off in a Conference USA battle at 9 p.m. ET at E.A. Diddle Arena. These two teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
Even if it wasn’t a dominant performance, Rice beat the UAB Blazers 85-80 on Saturday.
Meanwhile, WKU strolled past the Florida International Panthers with points to spare on Saturday, taking the game 84-71.
Rice is expected to lose this next one by 8. The smart bettors have been the ones to keep their money on Rice’s opponents whenever they hit the road.
Rice is now 9-5 while the Hilltoppers sit at 9-6. The Owls and WKU are both 5-3 after wins this year, but that symmetry won’t hold for long.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: E.A. Diddle Arena — Bowling Green, Kentucky
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com or fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Watch on your Phone: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
- Ticket Cost: $21.00
The Hilltoppers are a big 8-point favorite against the Owls, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Hilltoppers as an 8.5-point favorite.
Western Kentucky have won six out of their last seven games against Rice.
- Feb 13, 2021 – Western Kentucky 89 vs. Rice 66
- Feb 12, 2021 – Western Kentucky 77 vs. Rice 71
- Jan 04, 2020 – Western Kentucky 68 vs. Rice 61
- Feb 07, 2019 – Western Kentucky 92 vs. Rice 85
- Feb 17, 2018 – Western Kentucky 85 vs. Rice 66
- Mar 04, 2017 – Western Kentucky 79 vs. Rice 72
- Jan 14, 2016 – Rice 83 vs. Western Kentucky 73
Injury Report for Western Kentucky
- Isaiah Cozart: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Zion Harmon: Game-Time Decision (Personal)
- Keith Williams: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Rice
No Injury Information