VCU @ St. Bonaventure
Current Records: VCU 10-4; St. Bonaventure 9-3
What to Know
The St. Bonaventure Bonnies and the VCU Rams are set to square off in an Atlantic 10 matchup at 7:30 p.m. ET Jan. 14 at Reilly Center. The teams split their matchups last year, with VCU winning the first 67-64 at home and the Bonnies taking the second 74-65.
It was a close one, but on Tuesday St. Bonaventure sidestepped the La Salle Explorers for an 80-76 victory. Five players on St. Bonaventure scored in the double digits: guard Kyle Lofton (18), guard Jaren Holmes (17), guard Dominick Welch (17), forward Osun Osunniyi (15), and guard Jalen Adaway (13).
Meanwhile, everything went VCU’s way against the George Washington Colonials on Tuesday as they made off with an 84-57 win. Forward Vince Williams Jr. and guard Adrian Baldwin Jr. were among the main playmakers for VCU as the former had 11 points and eight assists in addition to five rebounds and the latter had 16 points along with six boards.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Bonnies are expected to win a tight contest Friday. Now might not be the best time to take St. Bonaventure against the spread since they’ve let down bettors for the past seven consecutive games.
The wins brought St. Bonaventure up to 9-3 and VCU to 10-4. Two stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: St. Bonaventure enters the game with 5.5 blocked shots per game on average, good for 19th best in college basketball. But VCU is even better: they rank 12th in college basketball when it comes to blocked shots per game, with 5.9 on average. Points in the paint might be hard to come by.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Reilly Center — St. Bonaventure, New York
- TV: ESPN2
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $45.00
The Bonnies are a slight 2-point favorite against the Rams, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 2-point spread, and stayed right there.
VCU have won five out of their last eight games against St. Bonaventure.
- Mar 14, 2021 – St. Bonaventure 74 vs. VCU 65
- Feb 12, 2021 – VCU 67 vs. St. Bonaventure 64
- Jan 20, 2021 – St. Bonaventure 70 vs. VCU 54
- Jan 18, 2020 – VCU 91 vs. St. Bonaventure 63
- Feb 09, 2019 – VCU 85 vs. St. Bonaventure 55
- Feb 24, 2018 – St. Bonaventure 68 vs. VCU 63
- Feb 04, 2017 – VCU 83 vs. St. Bonaventure 77
- Jan 24, 2016 – VCU 84 vs. St. Bonaventure 76