How to watch Bulls vs. Warriors basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Golden State @ Chicago
Current Records: Golden State 30-11; Chicago 27-12
What to Know
The Chicago Bulls are 1-12 against the Golden State Warriors since November of 2015, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit Friday. Chicago’s homestand continues as they prepare to take on Golden State at 7:30 p.m. ET Jan. 14 at United Center. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this matchup.
The Bulls’ and the Brooklyn Nets’ game on Wednesday was up for grabs at halftime, but Chicago was thoroughly outmatched 76-52 in the second half. Chicago found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unpleasant 138-112 punch to the gut against Brooklyn. Chicago was down 101-79 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. The losing side was boosted by shooting guard Zach LaVine, who had 22 points and six assists.
Meanwhile, the contest between the Dubs and the Milwaukee Bucks on Thursday was not a total blowout, but with the Warriors falling 118-99 on the road, it was darn close to turning into one. Small forward Andrew Wiggins (16 points) and power forward Jonathan Kuminga (15 points) were the top scorers for the Dubs.
The Bulls are the favorite in this one, with an expected 3.5-point margin of victory. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (18-9), so they might be worth a quick bet.
The losses put Chicago at 27-12 and Golden State at 30-11. Two stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Chicago enters the game with a 47.50% field goal percentage, good for second best in the league. But the Warriors have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 42.80%, which places them first in the league. These opposing strengths should make for an exciting matchup.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: United Center — Chicago, Illinois
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $155.00
The Bulls are a 3.5-point favorite against the Warriors, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 3.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Golden State have won 12 out of their last 13 games against Chicago.
- Nov 12, 2021 – Golden State 119 vs. Chicago 93
- Mar 29, 2021 – Golden State 116 vs. Chicago 102
- Dec 27, 2020 – Golden State 129 vs. Chicago 128
- Dec 06, 2019 – Golden State 100 vs. Chicago 98
- Nov 27, 2019 – Golden State 104 vs. Chicago 90
- Jan 11, 2019 – Golden State 146 vs. Chicago 109
- Oct 29, 2018 – Golden State 149 vs. Chicago 124
- Jan 17, 2018 – Golden State 119 vs. Chicago 112
- Nov 24, 2017 – Golden State 143 vs. Chicago 94
- Mar 02, 2017 – Chicago 94 vs. Golden State 87
- Feb 08, 2017 – Golden State 123 vs. Chicago 92
- Jan 20, 2016 – Golden State 125 vs. Chicago 94
- Nov 20, 2015 – Golden State 106 vs. Chicago 94