How to watch Bills vs. Patriots football game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
New England @ Buffalo
Regular Season Records: New England 10-7; Buffalo 11-6
What to Know
The New England Patriots will duke it out with the Buffalo Bills in the first round of the playoffs on Saturday at Highmark Stadium at 8:15 p.m. ET. These two teams have allowed few points on average (New England 17.82, Buffalo 17), so any points scored will be well earned.
The Patriots came up short against the Miami Dolphins this past Sunday, falling 33-24. QB Mac Jones had a pretty forgettable game, throwing one interception and fumbling the ball once. Jones ended up with a passer rating of 144.10.
Meanwhile, the Bills ran circles around the New York Jets this past Sunday, and the extra yardage (424 yards vs. 53 yards) paid off. Buffalo enjoyed a cozy 27-10 victory over New York. Buffalo can attribute much of their success to QB Josh Allen, who passed for two TDs and 239 yards on 45 attempts in addition to picking up 63 yards on the ground, and RB Devin Singletary, who punched in one rushing touchdown in addition to snatching one receiving TD.
Buffalo’s defense was a presence as well, holding the Jets to a paltry 48 yards rushing and 87 yards passing. The defense embarrassed New York’s offensive line to sack QB Zach Wilson nine times for a total loss of 82 yards. It was a group effort with seven guys contributing.
The Patriots are expected to lose this next one by 4. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 3-1 against the spread when expected to lose.
Two defensive numbers to keep in mind before kickoff: New England ranks first in the league when it comes to rushing touchdowns allowed, with only nine on the season. As for the Bills, they enter the matchup with only 31 touchdowns allowed, which is the best in the NFL.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 8:15 p.m. ET
- Where: Highmark Stadium — Orchard Park, New York
- TV: CBS
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Bills are a 4-point favorite against the Patriots, according to the latest NFL odds.
New England have won ten out of their last 14 games against Buffalo.
- Dec 26, 2021 – Buffalo 33 vs. New England 21
- Dec 06, 2021 – New England 14 vs. Buffalo 10
- Dec 28, 2020 – Buffalo 38 vs. New England 9
- Nov 01, 2020 – Buffalo 24 vs. New England 21
- Dec 21, 2019 – New England 24 vs. Buffalo 17
- Sep 29, 2019 – New England 16 vs. Buffalo 10
- Dec 23, 2018 – New England 24 vs. Buffalo 12
- Oct 29, 2018 – New England 25 vs. Buffalo 6
- Dec 24, 2017 – New England 37 vs. Buffalo 16
- Dec 03, 2017 – New England 23 vs. Buffalo 3
- Oct 30, 2016 – New England 41 vs. Buffalo 25
- Oct 02, 2016 – Buffalo 16 vs. New England 0
- Nov 23, 2015 – New England 20 vs. Buffalo 13
- Sep 20, 2015 – New England 40 vs. Buffalo 32