Through 2 Quarters
The Phoenix Suns were expected to win this one, and so far that’s exactly how it’s playing out. They have emerged as the frontrunner at halftime and are ahead of the Indiana Pacers 46-38.
Center Deandre Ayton has taken over for the Suns, currently boasting 21 points (46% of their total) in addition to eight rebounds. One thing to keep an eye out for is Jae Crowder’s foul situation as he currently sits at three.
Small forward Justin Holiday has led the way so far for Indiana, as he has eight points and three assists along with three blocks and two boards.
This is the least points Indiana has had yet this season going into the third quarter.
Phoenix @ Indiana
Current Records: Phoenix 31-9; Indiana 15-27
What to Know
The Indiana Pacers are 9-3 against the Phoenix Suns since January of 2016, and they’ll have a chance to extend that success Friday. The Pacers’ homestand continues as they prepare to take on Phoenix at 7 p.m. ET Jan. 14 at Gainbridge Fieldhouse. The Suns should still be feeling good after a victory, while Indiana will be looking to regain their footing.
The contest between Indiana and the Boston Celtics on Wednesday was not a total blowout, but with Indiana falling 119-100 at home, it was darn close to turning into one. A silver lining for Indiana was the play of power forward Domantas Sabonis, who had 17 points and six assists along with six rebounds.
Meanwhile, it was a close one, but on Tuesday Phoenix sidestepped the Toronto Raptors for a 99-95 win. Phoenix’s point guard Chris Paul did his thing and dropped a double-double on 15 points and 12 assists in addition to five steals.
Indiana is expected to lose this next one by 6. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 11-3 against the spread when expected to lose.
Indiana is now 15-27 while Phoenix sits at 31-9. The Suns are 24-6 after wins this year, and the Pacers are 10-16 after losses.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Gainbridge Fieldhouse — Indianapolis, Indiana
- TV: Bally Sports – Arizona
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $17.85
The Suns are a solid 6-point favorite against the Pacers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Suns as a 5.5-point favorite.
Indiana have won nine out of their last 12 games against Phoenix.
- Mar 13, 2021 – Indiana 122 vs. Phoenix 111
- Jan 09, 2021 – Phoenix 125 vs. Indiana 117
- Aug 06, 2020 – Phoenix 114 vs. Indiana 99
- Jan 22, 2020 – Indiana 112 vs. Phoenix 87
- Jan 15, 2019 – Indiana 131 vs. Phoenix 97
- Nov 27, 2018 – Indiana 109 vs. Phoenix 104
- Jan 24, 2018 – Indiana 116 vs. Phoenix 101
- Jan 14, 2018 – Indiana 120 vs. Phoenix 97
- Dec 07, 2016 – Indiana 109 vs. Phoenix 94
- Nov 18, 2016 – Phoenix 116 vs. Indiana 96
- Jan 19, 2016 – Indiana 97 vs. Phoenix 94
- Jan 12, 2016 – Indiana 116 vs. Phoenix 97
Injury Report for Indiana
- Malcolm Brogdon: Out (Achilles)
- Jeremy Lamb: Out (Knee)
- T.J. Warren: Out (Foot)
- T.J. McConnell: Out (Wrist)
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
- Cameron Johnson: Out (Ankle)
- Dario Saric: Out (Knee)
- Frank Kaminsky: Out (Knee)