Michigan @ Illinois
Current Records: Michigan 7-6; Illinois 12-3
What to Know
The Michigan Wolverines haven’t won a game against the #25 Illinois Fighting Illini since Jan. 10 of 2019, but they’ll be looking to end the drought on Friday. The Wolverines’ road trip will continue as they head to State Farm Center at 9 p.m. ET to face off against Illinois. The Fighting Illini will be strutting in after a win while Michigan will be stumbling in from a loss.
Michigan came up short against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights last Tuesday, falling 75-67. Despite the defeat, Michigan got a solid performance out of center Hunter Dickinson, who had 25 points along with five rebounds.
Meanwhile, Illinois beat the Nebraska Cornhuskers 81-71 on Tuesday. Among those leading the charge for Illinois was guard Trent Frazier, who had 29 points and five assists.
The Wolverines are expected to lose this next one by 9.5. Now might not be the best time to take Michigan against the spread since they’ve let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
Michigan is now 7-6 while Illinois sits at 12-3. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Michigan is 349th worst in college basketball in takeaways, with only 9.9 on average. The Fighting Illinis have had an even harder time: they are stumbling into the contest with the 24th fewest takeaways in college basketball, having accrued only 10.9 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: State Farm Center — Champaign, Illinois
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $105.99
The Fighting Illini are a big 9.5-point favorite against the Wolverines, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Fighting Illini as an 8.5-point favorite.
Michigan have won five out of their last nine games against Illinois.
- Mar 02, 2021 – Illinois 76 vs. Michigan 53
- Jan 25, 2020 – Illinois 64 vs. Michigan 62
- Dec 11, 2019 – Illinois 71 vs. Michigan 62
- Jan 10, 2019 – Michigan 79 vs. Illinois 69
- Jan 06, 2018 – Michigan 79 vs. Illinois 69
- Mar 09, 2017 – Michigan 75 vs. Illinois 55
- Jan 21, 2017 – Michigan 66 vs. Illinois 57
- Jan 11, 2017 – Illinois 85 vs. Michigan 69
- Dec 30, 2015 – Michigan 78 vs. Illinois 68
Injury Report for Illinois
- Andre Curbelo: Game-Time Decision (Neck)
- Austin Hutcherson: Out for the Season (Back)
Injury Report for Michigan
- Brandon Johns Jr.: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Zeb Jackson: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Terrance Williams II: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)