Texas Tech @ Kansas State
Current Records: Texas Tech 13-3; Kansas State 8-7
What to Know
The #19 Texas Tech Red Raiders are 9-3 against the Kansas State Wildcats since January of 2016, and they’ll have a chance to extend that success Saturday. Texas Tech and K-State will face off in a Big 12 battle at noon ET at Fred Bramlage Coliseum. The Red Raiders will be strutting in after a win while the Wildcats will be stumbling in from a loss.
Everything went Texas Tech’s way against the Oklahoma State Cowboys on Thursday as they made off with a 78-57 victory. Texas Tech got double-digit scores from five players: forward Kevin Obanor (17), guard Adonis Arms (13), guard Davion Warren (12), forward Bryson Williams (11), and forward Marcus Santos-Silva (10).
Meanwhile, K-State was close but no cigar on Wednesday as they fell 60-57 to the TCU Horned Frogs. Guard Nijel Pack had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 38 minutes with 4-for-14 shooting.
The Red Raiders are the favorite in this one, with an expected 5-point margin of victory. They are currently four-for-four against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Texas Tech’s victory brought them up to 13-3 while the Wildcats’ defeat pulled them down to 8-7. A couple defensive stats to keep an eye on: Texas Tech have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 37.40%, which places them ninth in college basketball. K-State is not quite as good, but they are no chumps, either: they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 39.20%, which places them 28th in college basketball.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 12 p.m. ET
- Where: Fred Bramlage Coliseum — Manhattan, Kansas
- TV: ESPN2
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $20.00
The Red Raiders are a 5-point favorite against the Wildcats, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Red Raiders as a 4.5-point favorite.
Texas Tech have won nine out of their last 12 games against Kansas State.
- Feb 06, 2021 – Texas Tech 73 vs. Kansas State 62
- Jan 05, 2021 – Texas Tech 82 vs. Kansas State 71
- Feb 19, 2020 – Texas Tech 69 vs. Kansas State 62
- Jan 14, 2020 – Texas Tech 77 vs. Kansas State 63
- Jan 22, 2019 – Kansas State 58 vs. Texas Tech 45
- Jan 05, 2019 – Texas Tech 63 vs. Kansas State 57
- Feb 10, 2018 – Texas Tech 66 vs. Kansas State 47
- Jan 06, 2018 – Texas Tech 74 vs. Kansas State 58
- Mar 04, 2017 – Kansas State 61 vs. Texas Tech 48
- Jan 10, 2017 – Texas Tech 66 vs. Kansas State 65
- Mar 05, 2016 – Texas Tech 80 vs. Kansas State 71
- Jan 12, 2016 – Kansas State 83 vs. Texas Tech 70
Injury Report for Kansas State
- Jordan Brooks: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Logan Landers: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Maximus Edwards: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Seryee Lewis: Out for the Season (Undisclosed)
Injury Report for Texas Tech
- Terrence Shannon Jr.: Game-Time Decision (Back)
- Ethan Duncan: Out for the Season (Undisclosed)