Monmouth @ Marist
Current Records: Monmouth 10-4; Marist 7-8
What to Know
The Monmouth Hawks are 9-1 against the Marist Red Foxes since January of 2016, and they’ll have a chance to extend that success Sunday. The Hawks and Marist will face off in an MAAC battle at 2 p.m. ET at McCann Center. Monmouth won both of their matches against Marist last season (80-64 and 72-62) and is aiming for the same result this time around.
Monmouth was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap this past Friday as they fell 67-62 to the St. Peter’s Peacocks.
Meanwhile, Marist came up short against the Siena Saints this past Friday, falling 67-60.
Monmouth is the favorite in this one, with an expected 5-point margin of victory. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (7-2), so they might be worth a quick bet.
With the two teams each stumbling in off of a defeat, both will be hungry for the win. The teams are out to make things right after dropping matches they were expected to win, so stay tuned to see which team bounces back.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 2 p.m. ET
- Where: McCann Center — Poughkeepsie, New York
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Hawks are a 5-point favorite against the Red Foxes, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Hawks as a 4-point favorite.
Monmouth have won nine out of their last ten games against Marist.
- Jan 10, 2021 – Monmouth 72 vs. Marist 62
- Jan 09, 2021 – Monmouth 80 vs. Marist 64
- Feb 21, 2020 – Monmouth 65 vs. Marist 61
- Jan 16, 2020 – Monmouth 74 vs. Marist 66
- Feb 17, 2019 – Marist 75 vs. Monmouth 67
- Jan 27, 2018 – Monmouth 91 vs. Marist 78
- Jan 30, 2017 – Monmouth 83 vs. Marist 71
- Jan 08, 2017 – Monmouth 71 vs. Marist 64
- Feb 09, 2016 – Monmouth 87 vs. Marist 61
- Jan 24, 2016 – Monmouth 83 vs. Marist 72