How to watch Magic vs. Trail Blazers basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Portland @ Orlando
Current Records: Portland 17-25; Orlando 8-36
What to Know
The Portland Trail Blazers are 10-2 against the Orlando Magic since December of 2015, and they’ll have a chance to extend that success Monday. Portland will hit the road for the third straight game as they head to Amway Center at 7 p.m. ET. They should still be feeling good after a victory, while Orlando will be looking to get back in the win column.
Rip City didn’t have too much breathing room in their game with the Washington Wizards this past Saturday, but they still walked away with a 115-110 win. The Trail Blazers can attribute much of their success to shooting guard Anfernee Simons, who shot 7-for-14 from downtown and finished with a double-double on 31 points and 11 dimes.
Meanwhile, the matchup between the Magic and the Dallas Mavericks this past Saturday was not a total blowout, but with Orlando falling 108-92 on the road, it was darn close to turning into one. The top scorers for Orlando were center Moe Wagner (16 points), shooting guard Jalen Suggs (16 points), and center Robin Lopez (16 points).
Barring any buzzer beaters, Portland is expected to win a tight contest. The smart bettors have been the ones to keep their money on Portland’s opponents whenever they hit the road.
Rip City’s victory brought them up to 17-25 while Orlando’s loss pulled them down to 8-36. A pair of stats to keep an eye on: Rip City has allowed their opponents to shoot 47.90% from the floor on average, which is the highest shooting percentage allowed in the league. The Magic have experienced some struggles of their own as they have only been able to knock down 42.70% percent of their shots, which is the third lowest field goal percentage in the league. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Amway Center — Orlando, Florida
- TV: Bally Sports Florida
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $20.00
The Trail Blazers are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Magic, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Trail Blazers as a 1-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Portland have won ten out of their last 12 games against Orlando.
- Mar 26, 2021 – Portland 112 vs. Orlando 105
- Feb 09, 2021 – Portland 106 vs. Orlando 97
- Mar 02, 2020 – Portland 130 vs. Orlando 107
- Dec 20, 2019 – Portland 118 vs. Orlando 103
- Nov 28, 2018 – Portland 115 vs. Orlando 112
- Oct 25, 2018 – Portland 128 vs. Orlando 114
- Dec 15, 2017 – Portland 95 vs. Orlando 88
- Nov 15, 2017 – Portland 99 vs. Orlando 94
- Feb 23, 2017 – Portland 112 vs. Orlando 103
- Jan 13, 2017 – Orlando 115 vs. Portland 109
- Mar 12, 2016 – Portland 121 vs. Orlando 84
- Dec 18, 2015 – Orlando 102 vs. Portland 94