Air Force @ Boise State
Current Records: Air Force 8-6; Boise State 12-4
What to Know
The Air Force Falcons lost both of their matches to the Boise State Broncos last season on scores of 59-78 and 69-80, so they’re hoping to turn the tables this season. Air Force and Boise State will face off in a Mountain West battle at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday at ExtraMile Arena. The Broncos will be strutting in after a win while Air Force will be stumbling in from a defeat.
Air Force entered their matchup against the Nevada Wolf Pack this past Saturday without any home losses — but there’s a first time for everything. Air Force came up short against Nevada, falling 75-68. A silver lining for the Falcons was the play of guard Ethan Taylor, who dropped a triple-double on 14 points, ten dimes, and ten rebounds. That’s Taylor’s first triple-double of the season.
Meanwhile, the Broncos were able to grind out a solid victory over the New Mexico Lobos this past Saturday, winning 71-63. Four players on Boise State scored in the double digits: guard Marcus Shaver Jr. (18), forward Naje Smith (14), forward Abu Kigab (11), and guard Emmanuel Akot (10).
Air Force have to know they’ll be fighting an uphill battle given the 19 point spread they are up against. They are currently three-for-three against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Air Force is now 8-6 while Boise State sits at 12-4. A couple stats to keep an eye on: The Falcons are stumbling into the contest with the 351st fewest points per game in college basketball, having accrued only 59.6 on average. The Broncos’ defense has more to brag about, as they they come into the game boasting the 14th fewest points allowed per game in college basketball at 59.3. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: ExtraMile Arena — Boise, Idaho
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com or fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Watch on your Phone: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
- Ticket Cost: $28.60
The Broncos are a big 19-point favorite against the Falcons, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Broncos as an 18-point favorite.
Boise State have won eight out of their last 11 games against Air Force.
- Jan 08, 2021 – Boise State 80 vs. Air Force 69
- Jan 06, 2021 – Boise State 78 vs. Air Force 59
- Feb 11, 2020 – Boise State 74 vs. Air Force 57
- Jan 15, 2020 – Air Force 85 vs. Boise State 78
- Mar 09, 2019 – Boise State 80 vs. Air Force 52
- Jan 22, 2019 – Air Force 74 vs. Boise State 60
- Feb 17, 2018 – Boise State 76 vs. Air Force 52
- Jan 27, 2018 – Boise State 70 vs. Air Force 64
- Mar 04, 2017 – Boise State 98 vs. Air Force 70
- Feb 11, 2017 – Boise State 76 vs. Air Force 66
- Feb 06, 2016 – Air Force 61 vs. Boise State 53
Injury Report for Boise State
- Kobe Young: Out (Not Injury Related)
- RJ Keene: Out (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Air Force
No Injury Information