Clemson @ Syracuse
Current Records: Clemson 10-7; Syracuse 8-9
What to Know
The Syracuse Orange and the Clemson Tigers are even-steven against one another since January of 2016 (4-4), but not for long. ‘Cuse and the Tigers will face off in an ACC battle at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday at Carrier Dome. The teams split their matchups last year, with Clemson winning the first 78-61 at home and the Orange taking the second 64-54.
‘Cuse was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap this past Saturday as they fell 76-71 to the Florida State Seminoles. Four players on ‘Cuse scored in the double digits: guard Buddy Boeheim (18), forward Cole Swider (17), center Jesse Edwards (15), and guard Joseph Girard III (11).
Meanwhile, it was close but no cigar for Clemson as they fell 70-68 to the Boston College Eagles this past Saturday. What made the loss an especially bitter pill for the Tigers to swallow was that they had been favored by 10.5 points coming into the contest. Guard Al-Amir Dawes (17 points) and guard David Collins (15 points) were the top scorers for Clemson.
With the two teams each stumbling in off of a defeat, both will be hungry for the victory. If Clemson want to win, they will need to focus on stopping ‘Cuse’s Jesse Edwards, who had 15 points in addition to seven boards and three blocks, and Cole Swider, who had 17 points along with seven rebounds. We’ll see whether or not they are up to the challenge.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Carrier Dome — Syracuse, New York
- TV: ACC Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $15.00
The Orange are a 3.5-point favorite against the Tigers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 3.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Syracuse and Clemson both have four wins in their last eight games.
- Mar 03, 2021 – Syracuse 64 vs. Clemson 54
- Feb 06, 2021 – Clemson 78 vs. Syracuse 61
- Jan 28, 2020 – Clemson 71 vs. Syracuse 70
- Mar 09, 2019 – Clemson 67 vs. Syracuse 55
- Jan 09, 2019 – Syracuse 61 vs. Clemson 53
- Mar 03, 2018 – Syracuse 55 vs. Clemson 52
- Feb 07, 2017 – Syracuse 82 vs. Clemson 81
- Jan 05, 2016 – Clemson 74 vs. Syracuse 73
Injury Report for Syracuse
- Niko Ruffin: Game-Time Decision (Lower Leg)
Injury Report for Clemson
No Injury Information