How to watch Texas vs. Kansas State basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Kansas State @ Texas
Current Records: Kansas State 9-7; Texas 13-4
What to Know
The Kansas State Wildcats haven’t won a contest against the #23 Texas Longhorns since Feb. 12 of 2019, but they’ll be looking to end the drought on Tuesday. The Wildcats and Texas will face off in a Big 12 battle at 8:30 p.m. ET at Frank Erwin Special Events Center. K-State should still be riding high after a victory, while the Longhorns will be looking to regain their footing.
K-State strolled past the Texas Tech Red Raiders with points to spare this past Saturday, taking the game 62-51. K-State’s guard Markquis Nowell filled up the stat sheet, picking up seven points and nine assists along with five steals.
Meanwhile, Texas came up short against the Iowa State Cyclones this past Saturday, falling 79-70. The losing side was boosted by guard Andrew Jones, who had 18 points in addition to seven boards.
The Wildcats have to know they’ll be fighting an uphill battle given the 10.50 point spread they are up against. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 5-2 against the spread when expected to lose.
K-State’s win brought them up to 9-7 while the Longhorns’ defeat pulled them down to 13-4. Two defensive stats to keep an eye on: K-State enters the matchup with only 61.1 points allowed per game on average, good for 24th best in college basketball. But Texas is even better: they come into the matchup boasting the fewest points allowed per game in college basketball at 54.5. We’ll see if that edge gives Texas a route to victory.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Frank Erwin Special Events Center — Austin, Texas
- TV: Longhorn Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Longhorns are a big 10.5-point favorite against the Wildcats, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Longhorns as an 11-point favorite.
Texas have won eight out of their last 13 games against Kansas State.
- Jan 04, 2022 – Texas 70 vs. Kansas State 57
- Feb 09, 2021 – Texas 80 vs. Kansas State 77
- Jan 16, 2021 – Texas 82 vs. Kansas State 67
- Feb 22, 2020 – Texas 70 vs. Kansas State 59
- Jan 11, 2020 – Texas 64 vs. Kansas State 50
- Feb 12, 2019 – Kansas State 71 vs. Texas 64
- Jan 02, 2019 – Texas 67 vs. Kansas State 47
- Feb 21, 2018 – Kansas State 58 vs. Texas 48
- Feb 07, 2018 – Kansas State 67 vs. Texas 64
- Feb 18, 2017 – Kansas State 64 vs. Texas 61
- Dec 30, 2016 – Kansas State 65 vs. Texas 62
- Feb 22, 2016 – Texas 71 vs. Kansas State 70
- Jan 05, 2016 – Texas 60 vs. Kansas State 57
Injury Report for Texas
- Jaylon Tyson: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Kansas State
- Jordan Brooks: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Logan Landers: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Maximus Edwards: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Seryee Lewis: Out for the Season (Undisclosed)