Bowling Green @ Northern Illinois
Current Records: Bowling Green 8-8; Northern Illinois 5-8
What to Know
The Northern Illinois Huskies have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Bowling Green Falcons and are hoping to record their first win since Jan. 23 of 2018. The Huskies and Bowling Green will face off in a Mid-American battle at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday at Convocation Center. NIU should still be riding high after a victory, while Bowling Green will be looking to right the ship.
The Eastern Michigan Eagles typically have all the answers at home, but this past Saturday NIU proved too difficult a challenge. NIU was able to grind out a solid win over the Eagles, winning 77-70.
Meanwhile, the Falcons ended up a good deal behind the Toledo Rockets when they played this past Saturday, losing 91-78.
The Huskies are expected to lose this next one by 6.5. They are currently two-for-two against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
NIU’s win brought them up to 5-8 while Bowling Green’s defeat pulled them down to 8-8. Two offensive stats to keep an eye on: NIU is stumbling into the game with the 352nd fewest points per game in college basketball, having accrued only 59.4 on average. Bowling Green’s offense has more to brag about, as they they rank seventh in college basketball when it comes to points per game, with 83.4 on average. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Convocation Center — DeKalb, Illinois
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $33.60
The Falcons are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Huskies, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Falcons as a 5.5-point favorite.
Bowling Green have won five out of their last eight games against Northern Illinois.
- Jan 02, 2021 – Bowling Green 68 vs. Northern Illinois 42
- Jan 18, 2020 – Bowling Green 66 vs. Northern Illinois 64
- Mar 15, 2019 – Bowling Green 71 vs. Northern Illinois 67
- Feb 16, 2019 – Bowling Green 87 vs. Northern Illinois 67
- Jan 23, 2018 – Northern Illinois 93 vs. Bowling Green 62
- Jan 09, 2018 – Bowling Green 66 vs. Northern Illinois 57
- Jan 14, 2017 – Northern Illinois 69 vs. Bowling Green 52
- Feb 16, 2016 – Northern Illinois 71 vs. Bowling Green 60
Injury Report for Northern Illinois
No Injury Information
Injury Report for Bowling Green
- Matiss Kulackovskis: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Joe Reece: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Caleb Fields: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Josiah Fulcher: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Kaden Metheny: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Jackson Watson: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)