How to watch Warriors vs. Pistons basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Detroit @ Golden State
Current Records: Detroit 10-32; Golden State 31-12
What to Know
The Detroit Pistons haven’t won a game against the Golden State Warriors since Jan. 4 of 2020, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Tuesday. They will face off against one another at 10 p.m. ET at Chase Center. Both teams were wiped off the court in their previous games and will be looking to bounce back in a big way.
Detroit was expected to have a tough go of it on Sunday, and, well, they did. They ended up on the wrong side of a painful 135-108 walloping at the Phoenix Suns’ hands. The Pistons were down 103-82 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. The losing side was boosted by shooting guard Cory Joseph, who had 21 points and seven assists.
Meanwhile, things couldn’t have gone much worse for Golden State as they lost 119-99 to the Minnesota Timberwolves on Sunday. The top scorers for the Dubs were shooting guard Jordan Poole (20 points) and power forward Jonathan Kuminga (19 points).
The losses put Detroit at 10-32 and Golden State at 31-12. A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Detroit has only been able to knock down 41.70% percent of their shots, which is the lowest field goal percentage in the league. The Warriors’ defense has more to brag about, as they they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 42.90%, which places them first in the league. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Chase Center — San Francisco, California
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $60.00
The Warriors are a big 14.5-point favorite against the Pistons, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 14.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Golden State have won eight out of their last 12 games against Detroit.
- Nov 19, 2021 – Golden State 105 vs. Detroit 102
- Jan 30, 2021 – Golden State 118 vs. Detroit 91
- Dec 29, 2020 – Golden State 116 vs. Detroit 106
- Jan 04, 2020 – Detroit 111 vs. Golden State 104
- Mar 24, 2019 – Golden State 121 vs. Detroit 114
- Dec 01, 2018 – Detroit 111 vs. Golden State 102
- Dec 08, 2017 – Golden State 102 vs. Detroit 98
- Oct 29, 2017 – Detroit 115 vs. Golden State 107
- Jan 12, 2017 – Golden State 127 vs. Detroit 107
- Dec 23, 2016 – Golden State 119 vs. Detroit 113
- Jan 16, 2016 – Detroit 113 vs. Golden State 95
- Nov 09, 2015 – Golden State 109 vs. Detroit 95