New Mexico @ Colorado State
Current Records: New Mexico 7-10; Colorado State 13-1
What to Know
The Colorado State Rams and the New Mexico Lobos will face off in a Mountain West clash at 10 p.m. ET Jan. 19 at Moby Arena. Colorado State is out to keep their eight-game home win streak alive.
Everything came up roses for the Rams on the road against the San Jose State Spartans on Saturday as the squad secured a 78-42 victory. Forward Dischon Thomas (14 points) and guard Isaiah Rivera (12 points) were the top scorers for Colorado State.
Meanwhile, New Mexico came up short against the Boise State Broncos on Saturday, falling 71-63. One thing holding New Mexico back was the mediocre play of guard Jamal Mashburn Jr., who did not have his best game: he finished with ten points on 4-for-12 shooting in his 35 minutes on the court.
Colorado State is the favorite in this one, with an expected 16-point margin of victory. Those taking them against the spread are banking on an outcome similar to that of the team’s matchup on Saturday, where they covered a 12.5-point spread.
The Rams’ win brought them up to 13-1 while the Lobos’ defeat pulled them down to 7-10. A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Colorado State enters the game with 78.9 points per game on average, good for 34th best in college basketball. Less enviably, New Mexico is stumbling into the contest with the eighth most points allowed per game in college basketball, having given up 77.9 on average. So the cards are definitely stacked against New Mexico.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Moby Arena — Fort Collins, Colorado
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com or fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Watch on your Phone: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
- Ticket Cost: $40.00
The Rams are a big 16-point favorite against the Lobos, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 16-point spread, and stayed right there.
Colorado State have won five out of their last nine games against New Mexico.
- Mar 03, 2021 – Colorado State 87 vs. New Mexico 73
- Jan 15, 2020 – Colorado State 105 vs. New Mexico 72
- Mar 02, 2019 – New Mexico 77 vs. Colorado State 65
- Jan 12, 2019 – Colorado State 91 vs. New Mexico 76
- Feb 28, 2018 – New Mexico 108 vs. Colorado State 87
- Jan 27, 2018 – New Mexico 80 vs. Colorado State 65
- Feb 21, 2017 – Colorado State 68 vs. New Mexico 56
- Jan 14, 2017 – New Mexico 84 vs. Colorado State 71
- Feb 23, 2016 – Colorado State 86 vs. New Mexico 69
Injury Report for Colorado State
No Injury Information
Injury Report for New Mexico
- Emmanuel Kuac: Out for the Season (Lower Leg)