How to watch DePaul vs. Xavier basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Xavier @ DePaul
Current Records: Xavier 13-3; DePaul 10-6
What to Know
The DePaul Blue Demons and the #20 Xavier Musketeers will face off in a Big East clash at 9 p.m. ET Jan. 19 at Wintrust Arena. The Blue Demons are out to stop a seven-game streak of losses at home.
DePaul came out on top in a nail-biter against the Seton Hall Pirates last week, sneaking past 96-92. DePaul got double-digit scores from four players: guard Jalen Terry (28), forward David Jones (24), guard Javon Freeman-Liberty (12), and forward Yor Anei (11). Terry hadn’t helped his team much against the Marquette Golden Eagles last Tuesday, so this was a nice turnaround for him. Jalen Terry’s points were the most he has had all year.
Meanwhile, Xavier beat the Creighton Bluejays 80-73 on Saturday. Xavier’s guard Colby Jones was one of the most active players for the squad, picking up 16 points in addition to nine boards.
DePaul is expected to lose this next one by 9. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 5-2 against the spread when expected to lose.
DePaul came out on top in a nail-biter against the Musketeers when the teams previously met two seasons ago, sneaking past 71-67. The Blue Demons’ victory shoved Xavier out of the playoffs, so they have a target on their back.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Wintrust Arena — Chicago, Illinois
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $14.99
The Musketeers are a big 9-point favorite against the Blue Demons, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Musketeers, as the game opened with the Musketeers as a 7-point favorite.
Xavier have won ten out of their last 12 games against DePaul.
- Mar 11, 2020 – DePaul 71 vs. Xavier 67
- Feb 25, 2020 – Xavier 78 vs. DePaul 67
- Feb 04, 2020 – Xavier 67 vs. DePaul 59
- Feb 09, 2019 – DePaul 74 vs. Xavier 62
- Dec 29, 2018 – Xavier 74 vs. DePaul 65
- Mar 03, 2018 – Xavier 65 vs. DePaul 62
- Dec 30, 2017 – Xavier 77 vs. DePaul 72
- Mar 08, 2017 – Xavier 75 vs. DePaul 64
- Mar 04, 2017 – Xavier 79 vs. DePaul 65
- Feb 08, 2017 – Xavier 72 vs. DePaul 61
- Jan 30, 2016 – Xavier 86 vs. DePaul 65
- Jan 12, 2016 – Xavier 84 vs. DePaul 64
Injury Report for DePaul
- Javon Freeman-Liberty: Out (Groin)
- Tyon Grant-Foster: Out for the Season (Undisclosed)
- Ahamad Bynum: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Xavier
- Cesare Edwards: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Dieonte Miles: Out (Illness)
- KyKy Tandy: Out for the Season (Lips)
- Elijah Tucker: Out for the Season (Illness)