Detroit @ Sacramento
Current Records: Detroit 10-33; Sacramento 18-28
What to Know
The Detroit Pistons might have tired legs after a game yesterday as they head on the road against the Sacramento Kings at 10 p.m. ET Jan. 19 at Golden 1 Center. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they’ll have plenty of motivation to get the ‘W.’
Detroit ended up a good deal behind the Golden State Warriors when they played on Tuesday, losing 102-86. The Pistons were down 83-63 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. One thing holding Detroit back was the mediocre play of small forward Saddiq Bey, who did not have his best game: he finished with ten points on 3-for-13 shooting in his 30 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, Sacramento was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Sunday as they fell 118-112 to the Houston Rockets. Shooting guard Buddy Hield put forth a good effort for the losing side as he shot 5-for-9 from beyond the arc and finished with 27 points and five boards.
Detroit is expected to lose this next one by 7.5. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
The losses put Detroit at 10-33 and the Kings at 18-28. A pair of defensive stats to keep an eye on: The Pistons have allowed their opponents to shoot 47.20% from the floor on average, which is the second highest shooting percentage allowed in the league. Sacramento has experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the matchup with the third most points allowed per game in the league, having given up 113.7 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Golden 1 Center — Sacramento, California
- TV: Bally Sports – Detroit
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $16.00
The Kings are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Pistons, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Kings, as the game opened with the Kings as a 5.5-point favorite.
Sacramento have won eight out of their last 13 games against Detroit.
- Nov 15, 2021 – Sacramento 129 vs. Detroit 107
- Apr 08, 2021 – Detroit 113 vs. Sacramento 101
- Feb 26, 2021 – Sacramento 110 vs. Detroit 107
- Mar 01, 2020 – Sacramento 106 vs. Detroit 100
- Jan 22, 2020 – Detroit 127 vs. Sacramento 106
- Jan 19, 2019 – Sacramento 103 vs. Detroit 101
- Jan 10, 2019 – Sacramento 112 vs. Detroit 102
- Mar 19, 2018 – Detroit 106 vs. Sacramento 90
- Nov 04, 2017 – Detroit 108 vs. Sacramento 99
- Jan 23, 2017 – Sacramento 109 vs. Detroit 104
- Jan 10, 2017 – Sacramento 100 vs. Detroit 94
- Mar 18, 2016 – Detroit 115 vs. Sacramento 108
- Nov 11, 2015 – Sacramento 101 vs. Detroit 92
Injury Report for Sacramento
- Tyrese Haliburton: Out (Covid-19)
Injury Report for Detroit
- Frank Jackson: Out (Covid-19)
- Isaiah Livers: Out (Foot)
- Killian Hayes: Out (Hip)
- Jerami Grant: Out (Thumb)
- Luka Garza: Out (Covid-19)