How to watch Maryland vs. Illinois basketball game
By Scout Staff
1 min read
Illinois @ Maryland
Current Records: Illinois 13-4; Maryland 9-9
What to Know
The #17 Illinois Fighting Illini have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. Illinois and the Maryland Terrapins will face off in a Big Ten battle at 7 p.m. ET on Friday at Xfinity Center. Given that both teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this matchup.
The Fighting Illini came up short against the Purdue Boilermakers on Monday, falling 96-88. One thing holding Illinois back was the mediocre play of guard Jacob Grandison, who did not have his best game: he finished with only eight points on 3-for-10 shooting in his 29 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, Maryland lost to the Michigan Wolverines on the road by a decisive 83-64 margin. Guard Eric Ayala (22 points) was the top scorer for Maryland.
The losses put Illinois at 13-4 and the Terrapins at 9-9. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Fighting Illini are 30th worst in college basketball in takeaways, with only 11.1 on average. Marylands have had an even harder time: they are stumbling into the contest with the 19th fewest takeaways in college basketball, having accrued only 10.8 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Xfinity Center — College Park, Maryland
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Follow: CBS Sports App
Maryland have won seven out of their last nine games against Illinois.
- Jan 06, 2022 – Illinois 76 vs. Maryland 64
- Jan 10, 2021 – Maryland 66 vs. Illinois 63
- Feb 07, 2020 – Maryland 75 vs. Illinois 66
- Dec 07, 2019 – Maryland 59 vs. Illinois 58
- Jan 26, 2019 – Illinois 78 vs. Maryland 67
- Dec 03, 2017 – Maryland 92 vs. Illinois 91
- Jan 14, 2017 – Maryland 62 vs. Illinois 56
- Dec 27, 2016 – Maryland 84 vs. Illinois 59
- Mar 03, 2016 – Maryland 81 vs. Illinois 55