Santa Clara @ Saint Mary’s
Current Records: Santa Clara 11-6; Saint Mary’s 13-4
What to Know
The Saint Mary’s Gaels will be returning home after a two-game road trip. The Gaels and the Santa Clara Broncos will face off in a West Coast battle at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday at University Credit Union Pavilion. Saint Mary’s is out to keep their nine-game home win streak alive.
Saint Mary’s had enough points to win and then some against the Pepperdine Waves last week, taking their game 77-62. Saint Mary’s relied on the efforts of guard Logan Johnson, who had 20 points, and guard Tommy Kuhse, who had 16 points. Kuhse’s performance made up for a slower matchup against the Brigham Young Cougars two weeks ago.
Meanwhile, it’s never fun to lose, and it’s even less fun to lose 115-83, which was the final score in Santa Clara’s tilt against the Gonzaga Bulldogs on Saturday. Santa Clara got double-digit scores from five players: guard Jalen Williams (17), forward Keshawn Justice (13), forward Parker Braun (11), guard PJ Pipes (10), and guard Giordan Williams (10).
Saint Mary’s is the favorite in this one, with an expected 8.5-point margin of victory. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (8-3), so they might be worth a quick bet.
The Gaels’ win brought them up to 13-4 while the Broncos’ loss pulled them down to 11-6. Saint Mary’s is 8-4 after wins this season, and Santa Clara is 3-2 after losses.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: University Credit Union Pavilion — Moraga, California
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
The Gaels are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Broncos, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Gaels as a 9-point favorite.
Saint Mary’s have won nine out of their last 11 games against Santa Clara.
- Jan 09, 2021 – Santa Clara 66 vs. Saint Mary’s 64
- Feb 27, 2020 – Saint Mary’s 78 vs. Santa Clara 72
- Jan 11, 2020 – Santa Clara 67 vs. Saint Mary’s 66
- Feb 14, 2019 – Saint Mary’s 66 vs. Santa Clara 55
- Jan 17, 2019 – Saint Mary’s 75 vs. Santa Clara 55
- Feb 24, 2018 – Saint Mary’s 67 vs. Santa Clara 40
- Jan 11, 2018 – Saint Mary’s 81 vs. Santa Clara 57
- Feb 25, 2017 – Saint Mary’s 70 vs. Santa Clara 56
- Jan 28, 2017 – Saint Mary’s 72 vs. Santa Clara 59
- Feb 25, 2016 – Saint Mary’s 75 vs. Santa Clara 50
- Dec 23, 2015 – Saint Mary’s 81 vs. Santa Clara 59
Injury Report for Saint Mary’s
No Injury Information
Injury Report for Santa Clara
- Jaden Bediako: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)