Tulsa @ Cincinnati
Current Records: Tulsa 6-9; Cincinnati 13-5
What to Know
The Tulsa Golden Hurricane are 2-9 against the Cincinnati Bearcats since January of 2016, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit on Thursday. Tulsa and Cincinnati will face off in an American Athletic battle at 9 p.m. ET at Fifth Third Arena. The teams split their matchups last year, with the Golden Hurricane winning the first 70-66 on the road and the Bearcats taking the second 70-69.
It was close but no cigar for Tulsa as they fell 66-64 to the Houston Cougars on Saturday. A silver lining for Tulsa was the play of forward Jeriah Horne, who shot 5-for-12 from beyond the arc and finished with 24 points and six boards.
Speaking of close games: Cincinnati came out on top in a nail-biter against the Wichita State Shockers on Sunday, sneaking past 61-57. The top scorer for Cincinnati was guard David DeJulius (18 points).
The Golden Hurricane are expected to lose this next one by 7.5. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 4-2 against the spread when expected to lose.
Cincinnati’s win lifted them to 13-5 while Tulsa’s defeat dropped them down to 6-9. We’ll see if the Bearcats can repeat their recent success or if Tulsa bounces back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Fifth Third Arena — Cincinnati, Ohio
- TV: ESPN University
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $7.98
The Bearcats are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Golden Hurricane, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Bearcats as an 8-point favorite.
Cincinnati have won nine out of their last 11 games against Tulsa.
- Feb 24, 2021 – Cincinnati 70 vs. Tulsa 69
- Jan 02, 2021 – Tulsa 70 vs. Cincinnati 66
- Jan 08, 2020 – Cincinnati 75 vs. Tulsa 44
- Jan 24, 2019 – Cincinnati 88 vs. Tulsa 64
- Jan 10, 2019 – Cincinnati 70 vs. Tulsa 65
- Feb 25, 2018 – Cincinnati 82 vs. Tulsa 74
- Mar 10, 2017 – Cincinnati 80 vs. Tulsa 61
- Feb 18, 2017 – Cincinnati 80 vs. Tulsa 60
- Feb 01, 2017 – Cincinnati 57 vs. Tulsa 55
- Feb 18, 2016 – Tulsa 70 vs. Cincinnati 68
- Jan 02, 2016 – Cincinnati 76 vs. Tulsa 57
Injury Report for Cincinnati
- Rob Banks: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Viktor Lakhin: Game-Time Decision (Hip)
Injury Report for Tulsa
- Keyshawn Embery-Simpson: Out for the Season (Academics)
- Josh Earley: Out for the Season (Academics)