Northern Kentucky @ IUPUI
Current Records: Northern Kentucky 7-9; IUPUI 1-16
What to Know
The Northern Kentucky Norse lost both of their matches to the IUPUI Jaguars last season on scores of 69-74 and 63-65, so they’re hoping to turn the tables this season. The Norse and IUPUI will face off in a Horizon League battle at noon ET on Saturday at Indiana Farmers Coliseum. NKU will be strutting in after a win while IUPUI will be stumbling in from a loss.
On Thursday, NKU narrowly escaped with a victory as the squad sidled past the Illinois-Chicago Flames 74-70.
Meanwhile, IUPUI was expected to have a tough go of it on Thursday, and that’s exactly how things played out. They ended up on the wrong side of a painful 73-45 walloping at the Wright State Raiders’ hands.
The Norse’s victory brought them up to 7-9 while the Jaguars’ defeat pulled them down to 1-16. Two offensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: NKU has only been able to knock down 40% percent of their shots, which is the 16th lowest field goal percentage in college basketball. IUPUI has experienced some struggles of their own as they are 358th worst in college basketball in points per game, with only 50.9 on average. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 12 p.m. ET
- Where: Indiana Farmers Coliseum — Indianapolis, Indiana
- Follow: CBS Sports App
Northern Kentucky have won five out of their last eight games against IUPUI.
- Jan 16, 2021 – IUPUI 65 vs. Northern Kentucky 63
- Jan 15, 2021 – IUPUI 74 vs. Northern Kentucky 69
- Feb 14, 2020 – Northern Kentucky 84 vs. IUPUI 70
- Jan 12, 2020 – Northern Kentucky 96 vs. IUPUI 71
- Feb 01, 2019 – IUPUI 83 vs. Northern Kentucky 77
- Dec 28, 2018 – Northern Kentucky 92 vs. IUPUI 77
- Feb 25, 2018 – Northern Kentucky 75 vs. IUPUI 56
- Dec 28, 2017 – Northern Kentucky 77 vs. IUPUI 59