How to watch Georgetown vs. Villanova basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Villanova @ Georgetown
Current Records: Villanova 13-5; Georgetown 6-9
What to Know
The #11 Villanova Wildcats have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. Villanova and the Georgetown Hoyas will face off in a Big East battle at noon ET on Saturday at Capital One Arena. The teams split their matchups last year, with the Wildcats winning the first 84-74 at home and Georgetown taking the second 72-71.
Villanova entered their matchup against the Marquette Golden Eagles on Wednesday without any home losses — but there’s a first time for everything. It was close but no cigar for Villanova as they fell 57-54 to Marquette. If the result catches you off guard, it should: Villanova was far and away the favorite. The top scorers for Villanova were forward Eric Dixon (15 points) and guard Justin Moore (13 points).
Meanwhile, Georgetown came up short against the Providence Friars on Thursday, falling 83-75. Despite the loss, Georgetown had strong showings from guard Donald Carey, who shot 5-for-9 from downtown and finished with 21 points and seven rebounds, and guard Kaiden Rice, who shot 5-for-7 from beyond the arc and finished with 19 points. This also makes it three games in a row in which Carey has had at least three steals. Carey’s points were the most he has had all season.
Villanova is now 13-5 while the Hoyas sit at 6-9. A couple defensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Wildcats enter the contest with only 60.2 points allowed per game on average, good for 18th best in college basketball. On the other end of the spectrum, Georgetown is stumbling into the game with the 23rd most points allowed per game in college basketball, having given up 75.9 on average.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 12 p.m. ET
- Where: Capital One Arena — Washington, District of Columbia
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
Villanova have won 12 out of their last 14 games against Georgetown.
- Mar 11, 2021 – Georgetown 72 vs. Villanova 71
- Feb 07, 2021 – Villanova 84 vs. Georgetown 74
- Dec 11, 2020 – Villanova 76 vs. Georgetown 63
- Mar 07, 2020 – Villanova 70 vs. Georgetown 69
- Jan 11, 2020 – Villanova 80 vs. Georgetown 66
- Feb 20, 2019 – Georgetown 85 vs. Villanova 73
- Feb 03, 2019 – Villanova 77 vs. Georgetown 65
- Mar 03, 2018 – Villanova 97 vs. Georgetown 73
- Jan 17, 2018 – Villanova 88 vs. Georgetown 56
- Mar 04, 2017 – Villanova 81 vs. Georgetown 55
- Feb 07, 2017 – Villanova 75 vs. Georgetown 64
- Mar 10, 2016 – Villanova 81 vs. Georgetown 67
- Mar 05, 2016 – Villanova 84 vs. Georgetown 71
- Jan 16, 2016 – Villanova 55 vs. Georgetown 50