George Washington @ Rhode Island
Current Records: George Washington 5-11; Rhode Island 12-4
What to Know
The Rhode Island Rams and the George Washington Colonials are set to square off in an Atlantic 10 matchup at 12:30 p.m. ET Jan. 22 at Thomas M. Ryan Center. Rhode Island is out to keep their eight-game home win streak alive.
Things were close when the Rams and the La Salle Explorers clashed on Wednesday, but Rhode Island ultimately edged out the opposition 56-54. The overall outcome was to be expected, but La Salle made it more of a matchup than the oddsmakers had predicted.
Meanwhile, the game between George Washington and the Saint Joseph’s Hawks on Wednesday was not particularly close, with George Washington falling 72-61. One thing holding the Colonials back was the mediocre play of guard James Bishop, who did not have his best game: he played for 31 minutes but put up just eight points on 3-for-11 shooting and four turnovers.
Rhode Island is now 12-4 while George Washington sits at 5-11. Two stats to keep an eye on: Rhode Island have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 37.10%, which places them fourth in college basketball. Less enviably, George Washington has only been able to knock down 41.30% percent of their shots, which is the 41st lowest field goal percentage in college basketball.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 12:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Thomas M. Ryan Center — Kingston, Rhode Island
- TV: USA Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
Rhode Island have won four out of their last six games against George Washington.
- Feb 21, 2021 – George Washington 78 vs. Rhode Island 70
- Feb 08, 2020 – Rhode Island 82 vs. George Washington 51
- Feb 26, 2019 – Rhode Island 80 vs. George Washington 53
- Jan 06, 2018 – Rhode Island 81 vs. George Washington 60
- Jan 31, 2017 – Rhode Island 82 vs. George Washington 70
- Jan 22, 2016 – George Washington 62 vs. Rhode Island 58