How to watch Timberwolves vs. Nets basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Brooklyn @ Minnesota
Current Records: Brooklyn 29-16; Minnesota 22-23
What to Know
The Minnesota Timberwolves will be returning home after a two-game road trip. They will take on the Brooklyn Nets at 8 p.m. ET Sunday at Target Center after having had a few days off. The Timberwolves have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with Brooklyn and are hoping to record their first win since Dec. 30 of 2019.
Minnesota received a tough blow this past Wednesday as they fell 134-122 to the Atlanta Hawks. Minnesota was up 42-26 at the end of the first quarter but couldn’t hold on to the lead. Despite the defeat, they got a solid performance out of point guard D’Angelo Russell, who had 31 points and five assists.
Meanwhile, Brooklyn strolled past the San Antonio Spurs with points to spare this past Friday, taking the game 117-102. Brooklyn’s point guard James Harden did his thing and dropped a triple-double on 37 points, 11 dimes, and ten boards. The Beard now has eight triple-doubles this season.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Timberwolves are expected to win a tight contest. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
Brooklyn’s victory lifted them to 29-16 while Minnesota’s loss dropped them down to 22-23. We’ll see if the Nets can repeat their recent success or if Minnesota bounces back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Target Center — Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: Bally Sports – North
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $47.00
The Timberwolves are a slight 2-point favorite against the Nets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Timberwolves as a 2.5-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Minnesota have won eight out of their last 13 games against Brooklyn.
- Dec 03, 2021 – Brooklyn 110 vs. Minnesota 105
- Apr 13, 2021 – Brooklyn 127 vs. Minnesota 97
- Mar 29, 2021 – Brooklyn 112 vs. Minnesota 107
- Dec 30, 2019 – Minnesota 122 vs. Brooklyn 115
- Oct 23, 2019 – Minnesota 127 vs. Brooklyn 126
- Nov 23, 2018 – Minnesota 112 vs. Brooklyn 102
- Nov 12, 2018 – Minnesota 120 vs. Brooklyn 113
- Jan 27, 2018 – Minnesota 111 vs. Brooklyn 97
- Jan 03, 2018 – Brooklyn 98 vs. Minnesota 97
- Jan 28, 2017 – Minnesota 129 vs. Brooklyn 109
- Nov 08, 2016 – Brooklyn 119 vs. Minnesota 110
- Mar 05, 2016 – Minnesota 132 vs. Brooklyn 118
- Dec 20, 2015 – Minnesota 100 vs. Brooklyn 85