Northwestern @ Purdue
Current Records: Northwestern 9-7; Purdue 15-3
What to Know
The #4 Purdue Boilermakers are 8-0 against the Northwestern Wildcats since February of 2016, and they’ll have a chance to extend that success on Sunday. Purdue and Northwestern will face off in a Big Ten battle at 1 p.m. ET at Mackey Arena. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this contest.
It was close but no cigar for the Boilermakers as they fell 68-65 to the Indiana Hoosiers on Thursday. One thing holding Purdue back was the mediocre play of guard Sasha Stefanovic, who did not have his best game: he finished with only seven points on 3-for-10 shooting in his 34 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, Northwestern was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Tuesday as they fell 82-76 to the Wisconsin Badgers. A silver lining for Northwestern was the play of guard Chase Audige, who had 23 points.
Purdue is now 15-3 while the Wildcats sit at 9-7. A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Boilermakers are 15th worst in college basketball in takeaways, with only 10.5 on average. To make matters even worse for Purdue, Northwestern comes into the matchup boasting the fifth fewest turnovers per game in college basketball at nine.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Mackey Arena — West Lafayette, Indiana
- TV: Big Ten Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
Purdue have won all of the games they’ve played against Northwestern in the last eight years.
- Feb 06, 2021 – Purdue 75 vs. Northwestern 70
- Feb 01, 2020 – Purdue 61 vs. Northwestern 58
- Dec 08, 2019 – Purdue 58 vs. Northwestern 44
- Mar 09, 2019 – Purdue 70 vs. Northwestern 57
- Dec 03, 2017 – Purdue 74 vs. Northwestern 69
- Mar 05, 2017 – Purdue 69 vs. Northwestern 65
- Feb 01, 2017 – Purdue 80 vs. Northwestern 59
- Feb 16, 2016 – Purdue 71 vs. Northwestern 61