How to watch Nuggets vs. Pistons basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Detroit @ Denver
Current Records: Detroit 11-34; Denver 23-21
What to Know
The Detroit Pistons haven’t won a game against the Denver Nuggets since Feb. 2 of 2020, but they’ll be looking to end the drought Sunday. Detroit is on the road again Sunday and plays against Denver at 8 p.m. ET Jan. 23 at Ball Arena. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this matchup.
The Pistons came up short against the Utah Jazz this past Friday, falling 111-101. Despite the defeat, Detroit got a solid performance out of shooting guard Cade Cunningham, who had 25 points and five assists along with six rebounds and three blocks.
Meanwhile, it was a hard-fought contest, but Denver had to settle for a 122-118 loss against the Memphis Grizzlies this past Friday. The loss was just more heartbreak for Denver, who fell 108-106 when the teams previously met last November. Center Nikola Jokic put forth a good effort for the losing side as he dropped a triple-double on 26 points, 12 dimes, and 11 boards. That’s the fourth consecutive matchup in which Jokic has had at least ten assists.
The Pistons are the clear underdogs, so they’re hoping it’s the size of the fight that determines this one. They are currently two-for-two against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
The losses put Detroit at 11-34 and the Nuggets at 23-21. Detroit is 9-24 after losses this season, Denver 11-9.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Ball Arena — Denver, Colorado
- TV: Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $14.00
The Nuggets are a big 11.5-point favorite against the Pistons, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as an 11.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Denver have won eight out of their last 12 games against Detroit.
- May 14, 2021 – Denver 104 vs. Detroit 91
- Apr 06, 2021 – Denver 134 vs. Detroit 119
- Feb 25, 2020 – Denver 115 vs. Detroit 98
- Feb 02, 2020 – Detroit 128 vs. Denver 123
- Mar 26, 2019 – Denver 95 vs. Detroit 92
- Feb 04, 2019 – Detroit 129 vs. Denver 103
- Mar 15, 2018 – Denver 120 vs. Detroit 113
- Dec 12, 2017 – Denver 103 vs. Detroit 84
- Nov 12, 2016 – Detroit 106 vs. Denver 95
- Nov 05, 2016 – Detroit 103 vs. Denver 86
- Feb 10, 2016 – Denver 103 vs. Detroit 92
- Jan 23, 2016 – Denver 104 vs. Detroit 101