How to watch Cavaliers vs. Bucks basketball game
By Scout Staff
3 min read
Through 1 Quarter
The Milwaukee Bucks can’t call it a day yet, but they are winning as expected. They have emerged as the frontrunner after one quarter and are ahead of the Cleveland Cavaliers 37-29.
The Bucks haven’t had any offensive standouts so far with all players held to eight points or fewer. Cleveland has been led by point guard Darius Garland, who so far has eight points and three assists. A double-double would be Garland’s sixth in a row.
Milwaukee @ Cleveland
Current Records: Milwaukee 30-19; Cleveland 29-19
What to Know
The Milwaukee Bucks have enjoyed the comforts of home their last three games, but now they must head out on the road. They will take on the Cleveland Cavaliers at 7 p.m. ET Wednesday at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse after having had a few days off. These two teams come into the game bolstered by wins in their previous games.
Even if it wasn’t a dominant performance, the Bucks beat the Sacramento Kings 133-127 this past Saturday. Milwaukee’s small forward Khris Middleton did his thing and shot 5-for-7 from beyond the arc and finished with 34 points, five assists and six rebounds.
Speaking of close games: it was all tied up 50-50 at the half for Cleveland and the New York Knicks on Monday, but Cleveland stepped up in the second half for a 95-93 win. Cleveland’s power forward Kevin Love filled up the stat sheet, shooting 6-for-12 from downtown and finishing with a double-double on 20 points and 11 boards. Love had some trouble finding his footing against the Oklahoma City Thunder this past Saturday, so this was a step in the right direction.
Milwaukee is the favorite in this one, with an expected 3.5-point margin of victory. Now might not be the best time to take the Bucks against the spread since they’ve let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
The wins brought Milwaukee up to 30-19 and the Cavaliers to 29-19. Two stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Milwaukee ranks third in the league when it comes to fouls per game, with only 17.9 on average. But Cleveland is even better: they enter the contest with only 16.5 fouls per game on average, which is the best in the league. We’ll see if that edge gives Cleveland a route to victory.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse — Cleveland, Ohio
- TV: Bally Sports – Ohio
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $26.44
The Bucks are a 3.5-point favorite against the Cavaliers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 3.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Milwaukee have won 13 out of their last 24 games against Cleveland.
- Dec 18, 2021 – Cleveland 119 vs. Milwaukee 90
- Dec 06, 2021 – Milwaukee 112 vs. Cleveland 104
- Feb 06, 2021 – Milwaukee 124 vs. Cleveland 99
- Feb 05, 2021 – Milwaukee 123 vs. Cleveland 105
- Jan 09, 2021 – Milwaukee 100 vs. Cleveland 90
- Dec 14, 2019 – Milwaukee 125 vs. Cleveland 108
- Nov 29, 2019 – Milwaukee 119 vs. Cleveland 110
- Oct 28, 2019 – Milwaukee 129 vs. Cleveland 112
- Mar 24, 2019 – Milwaukee 127 vs. Cleveland 105
- Mar 20, 2019 – Cleveland 107 vs. Milwaukee 102
- Dec 14, 2018 – Milwaukee 114 vs. Cleveland 102
- Dec 10, 2018 – Milwaukee 108 vs. Cleveland 92
- Mar 19, 2018 – Cleveland 124 vs. Milwaukee 117
- Dec 19, 2017 – Milwaukee 119 vs. Cleveland 116
- Nov 07, 2017 – Cleveland 124 vs. Milwaukee 119
- Oct 20, 2017 – Cleveland 116 vs. Milwaukee 97
- Feb 27, 2017 – Cleveland 102 vs. Milwaukee 95
- Dec 21, 2016 – Cleveland 113 vs. Milwaukee 102
- Dec 20, 2016 – Cleveland 114 vs. Milwaukee 108
- Nov 29, 2016 – Milwaukee 118 vs. Cleveland 101
- Apr 05, 2016 – Cleveland 109 vs. Milwaukee 80
- Mar 23, 2016 – Cleveland 113 vs. Milwaukee 104
- Nov 19, 2015 – Cleveland 115 vs. Milwaukee 100
- Nov 14, 2015 – Milwaukee 108 vs. Cleveland 105
Injury Report for Cleveland
- Lauri Markkanen: Out (Ankle)
- Ricky Rubio: Out for the Season (Knee)
- Collin Sexton: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Milwaukee
- Wesley Matthews: Out (Knee)
- Lindell Wigginton: Out (Covid-19)
- Brook Lopez: Out (Back)