Iowa State @ Oklahoma State
Current Records: Iowa State 14-5; Oklahoma State 10-8
What to Know
The #23 Iowa State Cyclones haven’t won a game against the Oklahoma State Cowboys since Jan. 21 of 2020, but they’ll be looking to end the drought on Wednesday. Iowa State and Oklahoma State will face off in a Big 12 battle at 8 p.m. ET at Gallagher-Iba Arena. Neither of these teams found much success offensively their last time out, scoring well below their season averages.
The contest between the Cyclones and the TCU Horned Frogs on Saturday was not particularly close, with Iowa State falling 59-44. One thing holding Iowa State back was the mediocre play of guard Gabe Kalscheur, who did not have his best game: he played for 35 minutes but put up just five points on 1-for-10 shooting.
Meanwhile, Oklahoma State was within striking distance but couldn’t close the gap on Saturday as they fell 56-51 to the Texas Longhorns. The top scorer for the Cowboys was guard Bryce Thompson (20 points).
Iowa State is expected to lose this next one by 3.5. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 5-2 against the spread when expected to lose.
The Cyclones are now 14-5 while Oklahoma State sits at 10-8. A pair of stats to keep an eye on: Iowa State enters the matchup with 9.3 steals per game on average, good for 19th best in college basketball. Less enviably, the Cowboys have allowed their opponents an average of 8.6 steals per game, the 350th most in college basketball. In other words, they will need to work extra hard to take care of the ball.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Gallagher-Iba Arena — Stillwater, Oklahoma
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $23.52
The Cowboys are a 3.5-point favorite against the Cyclones, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Cowboys as a 3-point favorite.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Iowa State have won eight out of their last 14 games against Oklahoma State.
- Feb 16, 2021 – Oklahoma State 76 vs. Iowa State 58
- Jan 25, 2021 – Oklahoma State 81 vs. Iowa State 60
- Mar 11, 2020 – Oklahoma State 72 vs. Iowa State 71
- Feb 29, 2020 – Oklahoma State 73 vs. Iowa State 61
- Jan 21, 2020 – Iowa State 89 vs. Oklahoma State 82
- Jan 19, 2019 – Iowa State 72 vs. Oklahoma State 59
- Jan 02, 2019 – Iowa State 69 vs. Oklahoma State 63
- Feb 27, 2018 – Oklahoma State 80 vs. Iowa State 71
- Jan 06, 2018 – Oklahoma State 96 vs. Iowa State 87
- Mar 09, 2017 – Iowa State 92 vs. Oklahoma State 83
- Feb 28, 2017 – Iowa State 86 vs. Oklahoma State 83
- Jan 11, 2017 – Iowa State 96 vs. Oklahoma State 86
- Feb 29, 2016 – Iowa State 58 vs. Oklahoma State 50
- Feb 06, 2016 – Iowa State 64 vs. Oklahoma State 59
Injury Report for Oklahoma State
- Bryce Williams: Out (Lower Leg)
Injury Report for Iowa State
- Tre King: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)