How to watch Fresno State vs. Boise State basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Boise State @ Fresno State
Current Records: Boise State 16-4; Fresno State 14-5
What to Know
The Boise State Broncos and the Fresno State Bulldogs are even-steven against one another since January of 2016 (5-5), but not for long. The Broncos and Fresno State will face off in a Mountain West battle at 11 p.m. ET Friday at Save Mart Center. These two teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
Things were close when Boise State and the Wyoming Cowboys clashed on Tuesday, but Boise State ultimately edged out the opposition 65-62. Boise State’s forward Abu Kigab filled up the stat sheet, picking up 18 points and five assists.
Meanwhile, Fresno State didn’t have too much breathing room in their contest with the New Mexico Lobos on Tuesday, but they still walked away with a 65-60 victory. Among those leading the charge for the Bulldogs was guard Anthony Holland, who had 22 points along with eight rebounds.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Broncos are expected to win a tight contest. The odds have been favorable for them against the spread on the road this season, even if it’s been tough sledding overall. They are 4-2 ATS in away games but only 10-8 all in all.
Boise State is now 16-4 while Fresno State sits at 14-5. Two defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Boise State enters the game with only 58.1 points allowed per game on average, good for sixth best in college basketball. But Fresno State is even better: they rank fifth in college basketball when it comes to points allowed per game, with only 57.7 on average. We’ll see if that edge gives the Bulldogs a route to victory.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 11 p.m. ET
- Where: Save Mart Center — Fresno, California
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Broncos are a slight 1-point favorite against the Bulldogs, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 1-point spread, and stayed right there.
Fresno State and Boise State both have five wins in their last ten games.
- Dec 28, 2021 – Boise State 65 vs. Fresno State 55
- Mar 02, 2021 – Fresno State 67 vs. Boise State 64
- Jan 20, 2021 – Boise State 73 vs. Fresno State 51
- Jan 25, 2020 – Boise State 87 vs. Fresno State 53
- Feb 13, 2019 – Fresno State 65 vs. Boise State 63
- Jan 19, 2019 – Fresno State 63 vs. Boise State 53
- Jan 09, 2018 – Boise State 70 vs. Fresno State 64
- Feb 28, 2017 – Fresno State 74 vs. Boise State 67
- Jan 14, 2017 – Fresno State 89 vs. Boise State 80
- Jan 09, 2016 – Boise State 81 vs. Fresno State 70