How to watch Gonzaga vs. Loyola Marymount basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Loyola Marymount @ Gonzaga
Current Records: Loyola Marymount 9-8; Gonzaga 15-2
What to Know
The Loyola Marymount Lions have enjoyed the comforts of home their last three games, but now they must head out on the road. Loyola Marymount and the #2 Gonzaga Bulldogs will face off in a West Coast battle at 11 p.m. ET on Thursday at McCarthey Athletic Center. The Lions will be seeking to avenge the 86-69 loss they suffered the last time these two teams played Feb. 27 of last year.
Meanwhile, Gonzaga didn’t have too much trouble with the San Francisco Dons at home last Thursday as they won 78-62. Four players on Gonzaga scored in the double digits: forward Drew Timme (23), center Chet Holmgren (22), forward Anton Watson (11), and guard Andrew Nembhard (10).
The Lions are the clear underdogs, so they’re hoping it’s the size of the fight that determines this one. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
Gonzaga’s win lifted them to 15-2 while Loyola Marymount’s loss dropped them down to 9-8. Last week the Bulldogs relied heavily on Chet Holmgren, who had 22 points along with nine rebounds and four blocks. It will be up to Loyola Marymount’s defense to limit his damage.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 11 p.m. ET
- Where: McCarthey Athletic Center — Spokane, Washington
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com or fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Watch on your Phone: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
The Bulldogs are a big 28.5-point favorite against the Lions, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Bulldogs, as the game opened with the Bulldogs as a 27-point favorite.
Gonzaga have won all of the games they’ve played against Loyola Marymount in the last eight years.
- Feb 27, 2021 – Gonzaga 86 vs. Loyola Marymount 69
- Feb 06, 2020 – Gonzaga 85 vs. Loyola Marymount 67
- Jan 11, 2020 – Gonzaga 87 vs. Loyola Marymount 62
- Feb 14, 2019 – Gonzaga 73 vs. Loyola Marymount 60
- Jan 17, 2019 – Gonzaga 73 vs. Loyola Marymount 55
- Mar 03, 2018 – Gonzaga 83 vs. Loyola Marymount 69
- Feb 15, 2018 – Gonzaga 76 vs. Loyola Marymount 46
- Jan 06, 2018 – Gonzaga 85 vs. Loyola Marymount 66
- Feb 09, 2017 – Gonzaga 90 vs. Loyola Marymount 60
- Jan 12, 2017 – Gonzaga 93 vs. Loyola Marymount 55
- Feb 04, 2016 – Gonzaga 92 vs. Loyola Marymount 63
- Dec 23, 2015 – Gonzaga 85 vs. Loyola Marymount 62
Injury Report for Gonzaga
- Kaden Perry: Game-Time Decision (Back)
- Dominick Harris: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for Loyola Marymount
- Dameane Douglas: Out for the Season (Ankle)