How to watch Iowa vs. Purdue basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Purdue @ Iowa
Current Records: Purdue 16-3; Iowa 14-5
What to Know
Get ready for a Big Ten battle as the #6 Purdue Boilermakers and the Iowa Hawkeyes will face off at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday at Carver-Hawkeye Arena. These two teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
The Boilermakers made easy work of the Northwestern Wildcats on Sunday and carried off an 80-60 victory. Purdue can attribute much of their success to guard Sasha Stefanovic, who shot 6-for-10 from beyond the arc and finished with 22 points.
Meanwhile, while not quite a landslide, the contest between Iowa and the Penn State Nittany Lions on Saturday was still a pretty decisive one as the Hawkeyes wrapped it up with a 68-51 win at home. Iowa got their victory on the backs of several key players, and it was forward Keegan Murray out in front picking up 15 points along with eight boards and three blocks.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Purdue is expected to win a tight contest. The smart bettors have been the ones to keep their money on Purdue’s opponents whenever they hit the road.
Purdue is now 16-3 while Iowa sits at 14-5. Two offensive stats to keep an eye on: The Boilermakers come into the game boasting the fourth most points per game in college basketball at 84.7. The Hawkeyes are not quite as good, but they are no chumps, either: they enter the matchup with 83.1 points per game on average, good for fifth best in college basketball. Tune in for what’s sure to be a high-scoring game.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Carver-Hawkeye Arena — Iowa City, Iowa
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $38.00
The Boilermakers are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Hawkeyes, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 2.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Purdue have won six out of their last ten games against Iowa.
- Dec 03, 2021 – Purdue 77 vs. Iowa 70
- Dec 22, 2020 – Iowa 70 vs. Purdue 55
- Mar 03, 2020 – Purdue 77 vs. Iowa 68
- Feb 05, 2020 – Purdue 104 vs. Iowa 68
- Jan 03, 2019 – Purdue 86 vs. Iowa 70
- Jan 20, 2018 – Purdue 87 vs. Iowa 64
- Jan 12, 2017 – Iowa 83 vs. Purdue 78
- Dec 28, 2016 – Purdue 89 vs. Iowa 67
- Jan 24, 2016 – Iowa 83 vs. Purdue 71
- Jan 02, 2016 – Iowa 70 vs. Purdue 63
Injury Report for Iowa
No Injury Information
Injury Report for Purdue
- Trey Kaufman-Renn: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
- Brian Waddell: Out for the Season (Knee)