Ohio State @ Minnesota
Current Records: Ohio State 12-4; Minnesota 11-5
What to Know
The #16 Ohio State Buckeyes have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. OSU and the Minnesota Golden Gophers will face off in a Big Ten battle at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday at Williams Arena. The teams split their matchups last year, with Minnesota winning the first 77-60 at home and the Buckeyes taking the second 79-75.
Everything came up roses for OSU at home against the IUPUI Jaguars last week as the team secured an 83-37 win. OSU got their victory on the backs of several key players, and it was forward E.J. Liddell out in front posting a double-double on 13 points and ten boards.
Meanwhile, things were close when Minnesota and the Rutgers Scarlet Knights clashed on Saturday, but the Golden Gophers ultimately edged out the opposition 68-65. Guard Payton Willis took over for Minnesota, finishing with 32 points (a whopping 47% of their total) and seven dimes.
The Buckeyes are the favorite in this one, with an expected 5.5-point margin of victory. The smart bettors have been the ones to keep their money on Ohio State’s opponents whenever they hit the road.
OSU came out on top in a nail-biter against Minnesota when the two teams previously met in March of last year, sneaking past 79-75. OSU’s win shoved the Golden Gophers out of the playoffs, so they have a target on their back.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Williams Arena — Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $25.00
The Buckeyes are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Golden Gophers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Buckeyes as a 6.5-point favorite.
Ohio State have won five out of their last nine games against Minnesota.
- Mar 11, 2021 – Ohio State 79 vs. Minnesota 75
- Jan 03, 2021 – Minnesota 77 vs. Ohio State 60
- Jan 23, 2020 – Minnesota 62 vs. Ohio State 59
- Dec 15, 2019 – Minnesota 84 vs. Ohio State 71
- Dec 02, 2018 – Ohio State 79 vs. Minnesota 59
- Jan 20, 2018 – Ohio State 67 vs. Minnesota 49
- Jan 25, 2017 – Ohio State 78 vs. Minnesota 72
- Jan 08, 2017 – Minnesota 78 vs. Ohio State 68
- Dec 30, 2015 – Ohio State 78 vs. Minnesota 63
Injury Report for Minnesota
- Jamison Battle: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
- Parker Fox: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Eric Curry: Out (Ankle)
- Will Ramberg: Out (Hand)
- Isaiah Ihnen: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Ohio State
- Seth Towns: Out (Back)
- Justice Sueing: Out (Abdomen)
- Jamari Wheeler: Out (Undisclosed)