How to watch Pelicans vs. Nuggets basketball game
By Scout Staff
3 min read
Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Denver Nuggets and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the New Orleans Pelicans 89-78.
Denver has been riding high on the performance of center Nikola Jokic, who has almost posted a triple-double on 23 points, 12 rebounds, and nine dimes. This makes it three consecutive games in which Jokic has had at least ten rebounds.
New Orleans has been relying on power forward Herbert Jones, who has 19 points along with six boards, and center Willy Hernangomez, who has dropped a double-double on 14 points and 14 rebounds in addition to two blocks.
the Pelicans have lost 90% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Denver @ New Orleans
Current Records: Denver 26-21; New Orleans 18-29
What to Know
The New Orleans Pelicans haven’t won a matchup against the Denver Nuggets since March 21 of last year, but they’ll be looking to end the drought on Friday. New Orleans will take on Denver at 8 p.m. ET at Smoothie King Center after having had a few days off. The Pelicans are out to keep their four-game home win streak alive.
New Orleans came up short against the Philadelphia 76ers on Tuesday, falling 117-107. A silver lining for New Orleans was the play of center Willy Hernangomez, who dropped a double-double on 29 points and ten boards.
Meanwhile, Denver didn’t have too much breathing room in their game with the Brooklyn Nets on Wednesday, but they still walked away with a 124-118 victory. The Nuggets’ center Nikola Jokic did his thing and almost posted a triple-double on 26 points, ten rebounds, and eight assists.
The Pelicans are expected to lose this next one by 4.5. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread, however, as they are currently on a three-game streak of ATS wins.
Denver’s win lifted them to 26-21 while New Orleans’ defeat dropped them down to 18-29. We’ll see if Denver can repeat their recent success or if New Orleans bounces back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Smoothie King Center — New Orleans, Louisiana
- TV: Altitude Sports & Entertainmnt
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $8.24
The Nuggets are a 4.5-point favorite against the Pelicans, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Nuggets as a 5.5-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Denver have won 12 out of their last 21 games against New Orleans.
- Dec 08, 2021 – Denver 120 vs. New Orleans 114
- Apr 28, 2021 – Denver 114 vs. New Orleans 112
- Mar 26, 2021 – Denver 113 vs. New Orleans 108
- Mar 21, 2021 – New Orleans 113 vs. Denver 108
- Jan 24, 2020 – Denver 113 vs. New Orleans 106
- Dec 25, 2019 – New Orleans 112 vs. Denver 100
- Oct 31, 2019 – New Orleans 122 vs. Denver 107
- Mar 02, 2019 – New Orleans 120 vs. Denver 112
- Jan 30, 2019 – Denver 105 vs. New Orleans 99
- Nov 17, 2018 – New Orleans 125 vs. Denver 115
- Oct 29, 2018 – Denver 116 vs. New Orleans 111
- Dec 15, 2017 – Denver 117 vs. New Orleans 111
- Dec 06, 2017 – New Orleans 123 vs. Denver 114
- Nov 17, 2017 – Denver 146 vs. New Orleans 114
- Apr 07, 2017 – Denver 122 vs. New Orleans 106
- Apr 04, 2017 – Denver 134 vs. New Orleans 131
- Mar 26, 2017 – New Orleans 115 vs. Denver 90
- Oct 26, 2016 – Denver 107 vs. New Orleans 102
- Mar 31, 2016 – New Orleans 101 vs. Denver 95
- Dec 20, 2015 – New Orleans 130 vs. Denver 125
- Nov 17, 2015 – Denver 115 vs. New Orleans 98
Injury Report for New Orleans
- Josh Hart: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Jonas Valanciunas: Out (Illness)
- Brandon Ingram: Out (Ankle)
- Trey Murphy III: Out (Covid-19)
- Zion Williamson: Out (Foot)
- Kira Lewis Jr.: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Denver
- Will Barton: Out (Illness)
- Jamal Murray: Out (Knee)
- Vlatko Cancar: Out (Foot)
- Michael Porter Jr.: Out (Back)